1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Afraid of flying

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by jojo, Jul 13, 2009.

1. jojo

jojo Imagineer

Does anyone have any hints or tips for things to do for a nervous flyer :( I know I'll be ok once we get there until I start worrying about coming home :lol: but Im really worried about getting on that plane in the first place

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Speak with your Doc. Quite often there are very simple measures to help someone get through the fear of flying. :yes: :hug2:

3. sunsetlakes

sunsetlakes Earning my ears

I'm a nervous flyer too, so bad that once someone had to drag me out of the loo's at the last boarding call :unsure: The last couple of years I haven't been quite so bad - well, at least i've got better at hiding it! I don't know what the answer to it is, but just wanted to wish you well and hope your journey isn't too bad - just keep thinking it'll be worth it when you get there :hug2:

4. premier travel

premier travel Forum Advertiser

A friend of mini is a clinical hypnotherapist and she treats quite a fee people that are nervous flyers. She told me you have to go a few weeks before you fly to make it work sucessfully.

5. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

I have claustrophobia & a fear of heights, so flying is difficult for me too. I use a homeopathic remedy for 5 days before flying and lots of Rescue Remedy on the journey. I also have a lavender pillow which is very calming.
    You could either go to the doc and get something or visit your local homeopathic practioner for advice.
    Good luck. :fingers:

6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Im also a VERY nervous flyer, however I cant really offer any solutions.. just some tips...

I take with me books, magazines, and my ipod....
    try to have a good meal the night before, and convince myself that nothing will happen...
    hold someone's hand for take off and landing (only works if Im not travelling alone though, hahaha)

if all else fails, I do get a drink to calm me down

7. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

A couple dramamine and a beer before the flight works wonders for my wife. :yes:

8. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

My Mum is not *really* nervous, but she does not like flying. She actually found that the looonng flight to Florida was quite soothing as she was there for that long it didn't feel like she was flying :/ That doesn't make a lot of sense to me but it put her at ease. Perhaps because she is used to 2-4 hour flights and touch-down always being 'imminent'.