1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

After all our trips to WDW

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by BevW, Jul 26, 2009.

1. BevW

BevW Imagineer

You would think I'd know the drill.
    And I do, really...but it's been 5 years since we've been back!
    We've taken the DGD's to Disneyland since then, and have been on a Disney Cruise. so what's my problem?

I need to know, is it worth it to try a new resort, or stick with something I know. We normally stay at a Value resort because we know we won't be spending much time in our room. Well, we all know it's because I'd rather stay in the parks than stay in a room. I AM on vacation ya know.

So, I'm looking for folks who've stayed at Coronado Springs, Caribbean, or the Wilderness Cabins.

Rick and I have camped at Ft. Wilderness many times, but we've always brought our own RV. When we can afford it, we stay at Port Orleans, we love them both. But I want to try something new, without screwing up the vacation.

Help!!! I know you guys can help me. :)
  2. piglet

piglet Addicted to Mickey

We've stayed at CS and CBR and while they were great resorts, when we went for a walk round WL we absolutely loved the look of the cabins so that's the one I'd go for. :thumbsup:
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Fort Wilderness cabins you mean? Or Wilderness Lodge Villas (DVC villas)? :unsure:

I love new experiences so I'm going to tell you to stay at a new place! :yes: You won't screw up the vacation at all, because it's all Disney just from a different viewpoint, eh?
    :yes:

Of all your choices, I'd say try Port Orleans? I've only ever visited there, but my brother stayed there with his family of five. It was a lovely place and they fit nicely into the hotel room. :yes:

It's great that you are getting to go to WDW again! :hug2:
  4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Definitely go with something new! Give it a whirl!

I have stayed at CS and definitely enjoyed it, but remember it's a very large resort. love their food court!
  5. Keith

Keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I really like trying new resorts. We TEND to do one week at a new resort and one week at one we love :)

Coronado was strange to me. I actually loved the theming, the lake and the room was nice and large. The gratuity situation at the food court annoyed me but yet the food was the nicest of any court I'd been to at disney! Then the bus stop seemed weird.

POR/POFQ are my favourites by far

CBR we're going to try again. probably in one of the pirate rooms :D
  6. BevW

BevW Imagineer

Thanks all....And Tink...yup the cabins at Ft. Wilderness...not the Lodge. Gads..I wish we COULD afford that place. I love it. I wish we could stay longer so we could resort hop, but that's totally out this trip. I'm just excited we are actually going! AND without Grandkids! Woooohooooo
    Ok...waiting on Johnie...she's going to HATE me after this. :)
  7. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

We've stayed at CSR twice and loved it. The theming is beautiful, the CMs are very helpful and friendly, the selection in the food court is amazing and the bus service is excellent. :thumbsup:
    It can sometimes be very busy, as it is a convention resort, but you can plan around the busy times. :yes:
  8. BevW

BevW Imagineer

Thanks MP...all this talk about food is making me HUNGRY! :lol:
  9. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

:D Lookie here:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chicken or Beef Fajita Platter - grilled chicken or beef with onions and peppers, served on flour tortillas with traditional toppings, black beans, and rice $15.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beef or Chicken Quesadilla - grilled flour tortilla with chicken or beef, melted Monterrey Jack Cheese, choice of traditional toppings and black beans and rice $14.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chicken Breast - grilled with mushrooms, chimichurri sauce and served with herb rice pilaf $14.50 (Lunch Item only)[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chicken Breast Scallopini - served with herb rice pilaf $16.50 (Dinner Item only)[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pan Seared Pacific Salmon - with asparagus, carrots, peas, and herbed rice pilaf $16.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grilled Rueben - corned beef, saurkraut, Swiss cheese, and chips $11.95 (Lunch Item only)[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grilled Chicken and Shrimp - Adobe marinated and served with vegetables and herbed rice pilaf $18.50 (Dinner Item only)[/FONT]​
    <hr>
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pork With Oriental Vegetables - in Lemon Grass Sauce and served with rice $13.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chicken in Curry Coconut Sauce - with pineapple and udon noodles $14.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spicy Crispy Beef - with ginger, crushed red peppers and sugar snap peas served with rice $13.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sampler - any two of the above and an egg roll $17.95[/FONT]​
    <hr>
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Market Station[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caesar Salad - with chicken and parmesan cheese, tossed to order $12.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chicken Curry Salad Sandwich - with raisins, walnuts, and apples $12.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oriental Salad with Shrimp - Shrimp served over oriental vegetable mix, udon noodles, oriental glaze and rice wine vinegar $13.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Assorted Traditional Sandwiches - served with corn and honey slaw, and chips $10.50 (Lunch Item only)[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Traditional Meal Salads $11.95 (Lunch Item only)[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grilled Shrimp - served over lettuce with chipolte cream and Italian herb dressing $15.95 (Dinner Item only)[/FONT]​
    <hr>
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grilled Tuna Steak - with grilled vegetables and rice pilaf $19.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Half Chicken Rotisserie - served with grilled vegetables and French Fries $15.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pepper Market Cheeseburger - with bacon or roasted mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, onions, and steak fries $12.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pepper Market Chicken Breat Sandwich - with bacon or roasted mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, onions, and steak fries $13.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Carved Roast of the Day - served with grilled vegetables and potatoes. Market Price[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ribeye Steak - served with grilled vegetables and baked potato $23.95 (Dinner Item only)[/FONT]​
    <hr>
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Traditional Pepperoni and Sausage $10.25[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Carne Asada - with beef, cheese, pepper, and tomato sauce $12.50[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pepper Market Supreme - pepperoni, sausage, pepper, onion, cheese and tomato sauce $13.95[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shrimp, Goat Cheese, and Pesto $13.95 (Dinner Item only)[/FONT]​
  10. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

The nachos at the Pepper Market are to die for!!!! They also make a mean bourbon chicken that is also delicous!
  11. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Bev, of those 3 we have only ever stayed at CBR. We weren't overly impressed. It was a nice resort but too spread out for my taste.
  12. BevW

BevW Imagineer

DIANE!!! YOU are SO BAD! :lol:

I don't mind that it'll be spread out John...is it easy to get around? Will I get lost? You know me and directions. It's down to CBR and CS. Since we've already been at Ft. Wilderness many times...it wouldn't technically be NEW. Rick wants Pirates...surprise surprise. :lol:
  13. Keith

Keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

We're going to try a pirate room at CBR just for fun :yes: the downside is they seem to be in Trinidad south which is 10mins or so from the food court etc, but there's an internal bus service and I reckon it'll be fun :D
  14. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

I love love love love love Ft Wilderness Cabins...but are you gonna need a kitchen or that much room?

Id go with Port Orleans..ive always loved the way that place looks!
  15. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I can't help with room advice, but I'm really glad you and Rick are taking a holiday on your own :hug2: When are you thinking about going :unsure:
  16. BevW

BevW Imagineer

I don't mind the walk...works off what I've eaten! :lol:

don't need much room, it's just me and Rick...no DGD's this time...shock shock. And since we're flying...I'm limited to the amount of clothes and shoes I can bring. Rick helps with the liquids and other stuff I can't take. LOL

Thanks Wendy!!! We're trying for November in our first round of decision making. I love that time of year. Not too hot, not cold at all. I'm excited!
  17. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I've stayed at CSR and liked it, for the most part. Pepper Market was weird and the food not very good when I stayed there (2003). But other guests seemed to enjoy it. It's probably just my picky eating style that made the food less appetizing--everything plain and separate! :rolleyes:

Try to avoid staying in the Ranchos section--it looks very much like the area around Phoenix and Tucson. If you don't mind the desert atmosphere, it's just as good as anywhere else at the resort. Since I live in the desert, I don't care to vacation in a faux desert! :lol:

The bus system is easy--four bus stops plus the main building. I was located in the Cabanas section, near Bus Stop 4. Very convenient. About equidistant between the main building and main pool/Dig Site. The lake provides a lovely backdrop for walking. And it's hard to get lost--the paths just loop around the resort. It's nice during the day and really beautiful at night! :)

Edited to add:
    And if you happen to walk in the wrong direction, just say you took the scenic route! :wink:
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  18. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

:tongue: I could never hate you!

I'll go check and see if I have the rewards info. I haven't been around all day. I had to go to the dr :thumbsdown:
  19. BevW

BevW Imagineer

LOVE Nachos...so I will give those a try. :)

Well, with me and Johnie working together....we DIDN'T get a pirate room :lol:

We DID however get a booking for Nov 2 - 7 at the CBR 5 nights/5 days with dining plan! WOOOOOHOOOO

How'd the doctor visit go?
  20. BevW

BevW Imagineer

GUESS where I'm going in a couple of weeks? TUCSON...to visit my sister and her family...thank GOODNESS they have a pool LOLOL