1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

airlines suggest separate area on plane for kids

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by pigletpete, May 15, 2011.

1. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

I've just read that some airlines are considering adult only areas on planes and kid areas for parents with kids. It's been suggested after so many questionairres have been completed saying that noisy kids have ruined journeys for people.

I think it's a good idea and I'd even pay a bit more to travel in an adult only section if I were going on a business trip for example.

What do you think?
  2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Im mixed on this one, on the one hand i'd like some peace and quiet so would welcome it but when i had younger kids they were very well behaved ie they only got out their seats to go to the loo and kept their voices down, didnt kick the back of seats etc. So i wouldnt want to be placed with loads of other kids. We dont tend to do the popular family routes like Orlando so i havent had much experience of busy child full flights and the last few times we've been lucky enough to do premium economy so it tends to be quieter anyway. I would think that adults could be as annoying too, especially people wanting to make the most of the free alcohol :unsure:
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I'd pay a bit more for it I guess, not sure how much it's worth but "something".

I dont have kids and the less bothered I am by other peoples' on a long flight the better :)
  4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I would pay extra, but probably not much.
  5. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

I would be unsure were we would fit as a family on a flight like this. Beth is an adult but her understanding is sadly not. We can not fly economy with her but would we get the look even worse than now if people pay extra to be in achild free area and end up with a 20 year old that creates.
  6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I think the suggestion was that it would be a new section so the old premium economy style would still be there but there'd be another bit premium-adultsonly or something.

So I guess you'd still choose premium economy
  7. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Sadly upper class only for us now. VA sadly only doing one flight a day with this class now although BA looking better price wise.
  8. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I would pay extra, so long as it wasn't silly prices, having been on non Orlando flight with no children it is definitely more quiet and relaxing :sorry:

Having said that, we've travelled to Orlando with our friends and the girls and they were brilliant, I made sure the youngest had plenty to keep her occupied, but sadly that isn't the case for all the children and their parents!

I know it's an Orlando flight and there are lots of children, so to some extent we expect it, but sadly you can see why some children act like they do just by looking at their parent's behaviour. With others I think it comes down to how well the parents have prepared for the journey, how bored the children get.
  9. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

hmm, if i was travelling without my children I'd probably prefer an adult only section.

I must say that when we went the boys were 10 and 5 years old, it was their first long flight.

I was worried as they'd only been used to flights lasting up to 3 or 4 hours but I was very proud of them as they behaved impeccably, they were better behaved and more courteous than some of the adults around us. :unsure:

If all children were like that it wouldn't be a problem!
  10. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

Not sure about this one as I have 2 children 14 and 9, both are well travelled children and never cause any problems, I kind of feel that's it's a little unfair that just because I travel with children I have to be in an area with other families, some of which have the children from hell.
  11. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

I agree lozzy
  12. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Hmmm, tricky one.
    My children were superbly well behaved and I wouldn't have wanted to have been forced to sit amongst other families if we didn't want to.
    We go PE now and we haven't been bothered by children, apart from crying babies but that's not too bad.

My thoughts exactly. :nono:
  13. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

I've been more annoyed by adults on planes than children. :unsure: