1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

airport express base station

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Britchick, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I wondered whether this would work with the cable in the disney resorts? I seem to remember that someone said you needed to do something before you leave? i don't want to take a laptop just ipad/phones. Would it be a problem if i bought it over there?

Or is there something as compact that's a little cheaper?

thank you

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

works perfectly and exactly what I do :) little airport express, plug the disney resort broadband cable into it and it converts it to wifi for all your ipads/iphones etc :)

theres no setup needed when you get there but when I first got it I set it up with a wifi password and so on. I've since used it for years all over disney without changing the configuration at all :yes:

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

thanks Keith, it is cheaper in US, may look at getting it shipped in US to our first hotel. There's a refurbished one on the US site for $69 with free postage. :wiggle:

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I love it I really do and wouldnt be without it any more :yes: that's before we consider all the useful things it can do when not on holiday like sharing a printer, broadcasting itunes music into any room you like with proper speakers etc

5. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I've got a couple of them I use at the house as part of a WDS. Love them. Had them for years and they've been bullet proof. Haven't taken one with me to Disney yet but then again, I haven't been to Disney with my Macbook or iPad yet either.
    Next time however, my iPad's going with me as well as one of my Airport Expresses! :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... veni, vidi, codi...)