AKL Club Level Online Check-in Question

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Resort Hotels, Hotels, DVC and V' started by Figment, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Figment

Figment New Member

Getting ready to do my online check-in...51 days!...and I find myself not sure what to request. As you know, I'm allowed 2, but since I don't really have any experience staying at AKL, I'm just unsure of what to choose.

I can choose a Sunset Savanna view or a Kudu Trail view. Can anyone give me high and low points for each of these? Which would you choose, and why?

Also, there is a choice between the highest floor and upper floor. Is there really a difference in how well you can see the animals? We usually choose ground floor because of my scooter for Value Resorts, but since we are splurging on AKL for only 2 nights, we want the best vantage point we can wrangle.

Keep in mind we are also Club Level...does floor choice make a difference for that? (ie..which floor is the club lounge on?)

Thanks so much!

2. Clarkkent

Clarkkent Well-Known Member

Sign Language Interpreter
    We just came back from akl with a view of the sunset savannah and it was amazing. More giraffes than you could point a stick at. We were on the third floor, amazing view at that height. I'm sure one floor or more above will be equally lovely. If I remember correctly the club level is floor 4. On the other side (I think) floors 5 and 6 are for DVC only. I might be mistaken though.
    Corridors are plenty wide enough for scooters back and forth.

3. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

If you get too high, your view will suffer to a small extent, with regard to detail and distance. Otherwise, you should be good on nearly any floor, although I've never been on the first floor (other than to be at a public viewing area).

4. Figment

Figment New Member

Thanks!