1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

All Aboard!

Discussion in 'Disney Secrets!' started by gwennie81, Apr 3, 2010.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Blog about playing on the Main Street municipal vehicles.

It’s no secret to parents that young children are fascinated with various methods of transportation. By extension, that makes getting around Walt Disney World even more appealing for families. Who can resist monorails, steam engines, ferries, water taxis, buses and even parking-lot trams?

Recently, my family discovered a transportation opportunity near the entrance to the Magic Kingdom that we had yet to encounter — police cars, a firetruck, a double-decker bus, motorcade cars and the Main Street Trolley parked around Town Square. Guests are invited to climb aboard and check out the old-time vehicles. They can pose for photos in the driver’s seat, honk the horn or take a ride to Cinderella Castle and back. My children even were given firefighter hats when they explored the firetruck.

The Town Square vehicles are most often seen in the mornings, before the the first Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party. Because the Main Street Trolley has long been a favorite for my son, we knew seeing the trolley parade and riding the trolley meant rolling in before lunch. We just hadn’t arrived early enough to see the collection of other modes of transportation.

The unpublished times for the trolley parade this week are 7:30, 8:20 and 9:15 a.m. daily.