1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

all star movies?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disney1sttimer, Aug 8, 2011.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

Im a bit worried about staying at all star movies :/ I didnt realise it was such an old resort, can someone put my mind at rest?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Not quite sure what your worries are. The All Star resorts are wonderful resorts, though I am biased towards All Star Sports myself. We don't hesitate to stay there when we are on a budget.

3. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

We have stayed at the Movies before and will be staying there again this trip. We love it and didn't find anything "worn" or "old" about it at all.

I am not 100% sure, but I do believe they are in the middle of remodeling the rooms at the Movies. I think they are about 1/2 way done. They are getting updated furnishings and flat panel tvs. :yes:

4. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I booked my ma, grandma, aunt & I to stay there last fall. They raved over how clean the rooms were, how nice the property was, they liked the cafeteria, etc. They especially liked how Herbie was just outside the door. HAHA!

They had such a great time, they requested I get rooms there again when they come back down this fall. LOL! So I did. We're staying there again in Oct.

Hakuna Matata! No worries, you'll have a great time!

5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

While I have not stayed at the Movies, I have stayed several times at the Music. Very similar resort, just a different theme.

I would never hesitate to stay there again. I have always enjoyed my stays.

:D

6. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I've stayed at Movies a couple of times and it is no where near run down. It is a fun and magical hotel.

7. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

Disney does charge top dollar for their resorts but they keep them in top shape.

Vinnie

8. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

We've stayed at Movies several times and have enjoyed it very much. We did switch to Pop for our value stays but would stay at Movies again in a heartbeat!