1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

All star or pop century?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by dvcjane, Aug 6, 2008.

1. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

Which is best for a quick cheap trip? pop century is much newer so should be nicer right?

What about busses and food courts, both important to us

How about room locations to ask for? Im not a snob but this will be our first time at a value

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Well Pop Century is indeed newer and won't be sharing buses with other resorts like often happens at the All Stars. The value food courts, in my opinion are all about the same but I think that PC is a bit larger than the others. Still All Star Sports is my personal favorite.

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

They've been refurbishing the All Star resorts over the past few years. I believe ASSports was done about two years ago and ASMusic a bit more recently. Not sure of the status of ASMovies--I really haven't been following it.

I haven't stayed at any of the All Star resorts--I usually visit WDW during Pop Warner (begins first weekend in December) and those are the preferred resorts for that group.

I've stayed at Pop Century four times and find it comfortable. Amenities are limited, but it's neat and clean. I prefer it to the All Stars for its locations (near EPCOT & DHS) and because it doesn't share buses with other resorts.

However, PC is a larger resort than any of the three All Star resorts, so you will find long queues for buses at park opening and closing. They do move fairly rapidly, though, so not an issue unless you're aiming for rope drop at one of the parks. Then you'll want to allow a bit of extra time! :)

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I like Pop better. It's a better location and the food court is better IMO. I don't use the busses so can't answer that. I drive and the parking lot can get packed at night.