All Star Sports Resort

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Resort Hotels, Hotels, DVC and V' started by Wendy, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Our friends are staying here in April for 2 weeks, is there an area they should ask to be close to?

Are there any suggestions or advice you can give please?

2. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Well, it's been ages and ages and AGES since we stayed there, but it's a fun resort! The food court is very nice with a huge variety of things to order. If they can request a "quiet area" that might be a good idea. One never knows (at least I can't keep track of it) when the teens, dancers, cheerleaders, pop warners... etc. are going to descend. I can't honestly recommend a particular building or section though. :(

3. uscwest

uscwest Well-Known Member

All of All Star Sports are great. The closest to the food court and main pool are Surf's Up and Touchdown. This is our favorite All Star.

4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Thanks John, I want to do what I can to help make it special for them.

All they did was went into the travel agent and saw a last minute holiday. Sadly, they have no idea how big it is or what there is to see and do.

5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Website Manager/IT
    Like others have said, the "best building" will depend on what their preferences are...do they want to be right near the center of the action (but perhaps hear more foot traffic and such), or do they want to be in a more quiet area (but perhaps be further from the main hall/buses). If they choose option A, then I'd say Surf's Up or Touchdown buildings. If they lean more towards option B, they'll want to be a bit further out. We don't mind the walk to the main hall and we enjoy our peace and quiet, but we do like to be close to a pool, so we usually request 1st floor, Homerun bldg, facing the Grand Slam pool. It's our "spot" :D