Alligator takes a 2 year old at Grand Floridian

Discussion in 'Disney Corporate and General News' started by BUTTERHEAD1, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Slowhand

Slowhand Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Retired
    When Ricardo and his wife stayed with us recently, she told us some heart-breaking things about the event as she was on duty at the GF when the tragedy occurred.
    I don`t think it is for me to disclose the details but Disney brought in counselling for several of the CM`s who were at the GF at the time.

2. lozzy

lozzy Well-Known Member

Home Care Support Worker
    I also didn't know that, we feed the stork like birds everyday at our villa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Yes, it is illegal. Even feeding ducks. Anything that is wild, living in the wild, is illegal. The only exception that I know if is a bird feeder.

I think you mean Sand Hill Cranes? If so, be really careful. They can get quite ugly and vicious if they want food and you don't have it. We have some that walk through our back yard where our pool screen is. We're always worried that they'll drive those fierce beaks through the screening to get at any snacks or food we may have out there. We know that the neighbors feed them.

You can (and people are, when caught) be arrested for feeding 'gators, touching manatees, dolphins, sea turtles. It's considered harassment of the wildlife. Depending upon the animal, and what you were doing to/with it, you can get a citation or actually be jailed for a time.

4. Tink

Awww, I'm really sorry she was there. :( Well, I'm sorry it happened at all, of course but we forget how hard it is on the workers, and the by standers, too. Not to mention the already super stressed Orange County Sheriff's Department who were responsible for managing the tragedy. I know Disney really did everything possible to help the family. It's good to know they helped their CMs too.

5. lozzy

lozzy Well-Known Member

Home Care Support Worker
    Yes we witnessed them fighting with anything group of the same breed, protecting they baby.
    Also had them pecking at the netting to our pool.
    They where also at a petrol station in the champions gate area, and when a customer tried to get them to move out the way of an oncoming car, they went for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Tink

Yes, they are quite aggressive. They are a protected species, too! :eek: Pretty birds in a dramatic sort of way, though.

lozzy likes this.
  7. Slowhand

Slowhand Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Retired
    The sad thing though Tink is that it brought out the bad side of human nature in some folk.
    I`m told that several guests at the resort tried to get compensation for their "trauma" after the event, even though they did not witness it themselves.
    Sadly I guess that this is the litigation society that we live in nowadays.....everyone seeks compensation, which is very sad.

8. Tink

Oh my gosh, that is truly terrible. What's wrong with people!? The family isn't going down that road, why would anyone else think it was appropriate to do so? Human nature can be an ugly thing, can't it? After Pulse there were "ministers" who went public saying that they were glad it happened, that more should have been killed, and those murdered deserved what they got. Supposedly christian faith church leaders. I truly never will understand the motivation for ugly. :(

9. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Dazzling everyone with my sheer awesomeness :D
    WOW! Re: Tink and Slowhand :( Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. This is why I love my pets/animals more than the so called human race.

10. Tink

It is, isn't it, Esme? I didn't see it, but I've heard some terrible stories about what "people" were saying on the internet regarding the child's death at Disney. Why would anyone rub salt into such a terrible wound?

Years ago, a little 5 year old died on his birthday as a result of falling off a farm tractor and being run over. It was his first ever ride on the tractor. A tragic accident. People were horrible. EVERY farm kid I've ever known has ridden on a tractor! The father never recovered and they ended up losing the farm because he was hospitalized indefinitely. :(

Is it the truth? Is it kind? Is it beneficial to all concerned? Those are three of the four principles of Rotary (a service club) and they really apply to life in general. Too bad we can't all live by them, eh? :sigh: