1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

AM I EVER COMING HOME! 22ND DECEMBER….MAGIC KINGDOM

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Isafari, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

It was a bit cooler this morning as we head to MK.

Our first time at this park for this visit so, it’s a must that we get the ferry over so that I can watch the castle getting closer and closer. I’m standing at the very front of the ferry and I thank my lucky stars that I am here right now. I’m determined to have a wonderful holiday.

As we get to Main Street, the entertainers are out. I love to stand and watch them and, love the song….I’m walking right down the middle of Main Street USA-A-A.
    Video below…

[​IMG]

We have a look in some of the shops and I spot a Steamboat Willie ornament that I will buy later in the holiday. I’m surprised that the jewellers don’t do silver charms though. I already have a charm bracelet that is full of animal charms and in gold. So, I thought I’d do a silver version with holiday reminder charms…not just WDW but SW, US etc. The only place I found the charms in silver was SW so that plan went out of the window!

There’s a Dream Along With Mickey show about to start on the castle forecourt so we watch that. My favourite parts of the parks are the shows and parades. The problem with taking photos of the shows now is the fact that the characters can blink….once upon a time, they couldn’t give you a bad pose!!!
    Video below…..please excuse the shake of the camera when the fireworks go off!

[​IMG]

We nip to Casey’s for a hotdog next…..delicious. I’m not too keen on hotdogs but Casey’s hotdogs are so good. We sit outside and eat while the ducks and Ibis beg for scraps. Two male ducks are fighting for the attention of a very pretty female who doesn’t seem to want anything to do with either of them.

We head to Tomorrowland and enter Stitch’s Great Escape. I always try to hold my breath when he has to burp!
    The queue for Buzz Lightyear is way too long so we decide to give it a miss until next week and go to the Laughter Club. We get quite a chuckle here and I am relieved that I don’t get chosen for anything. We didn’t do many other rides today as we knew we’d be back when the lines were far shorter. We spent most of the time on the parade and shows.

Next, we head for ‘Twas the Night before Christmas at the Galaxy Theater. I love this show and always have a sing-along. It would be far better viewing here if the seating was put on a slope so that those at the back could see over others heads. This gets me into the holiday spirit and it starts to feel like Christmas.
    Video below….

[​IMG]

The parade was at 3.30pm today. It was the Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade. We got ourselves a soda and a good spot to watch from. You can’t help but wave at some of the characters as they pass by can you….you all do this, don’t you? :unsure:
    We got chatting to a guy who’s daughter is a CM. They had just come from a tour of Roy Disney’s suite in the Grand Floridian. They showed us the video they had taken while there. The suite was very lavish and there were lots of train photos and paintings on the walls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have a 4pm ADR at Crystal Palace so we head straight in after the parade has gone. I stick to chicken and mash here. DH has a plateful of everything from pasta to sliced beef. We both over indulge in the desserts. All of the characters stop by and give us chance to have photos taken with them. Tigger makes funny gestures behind DH’s back as I video. :tiggertail:

YAY….next up is my favourite show of all at WDW…..Celebrate The Season. This show always brings a tear. It reminds me of when I was a kid and used to watch White Christmas and the old Doris Day movies on TV with Mam.
    Video Below….

[​IMG]

We are on Main Street…just taking in the sights and deciding where to head next. I turn around and there is DH standing behind a family who are having their photo taken by a photopass CM. DH is gurning right into the camera!!! I grab him and we have a giggle as we go and join the line for a photo ourselves. (Apologies to anyone who has a photpass photo with a guy gurning behind them)….I can’t take him anywhere. :slap:

It’s getting dark now and it’s nearly time for Cinderella’s Holiday Wish. Yet another teary moment…..who ever invented waterproof mascara needs a medal the size of a dustbin lid!
    Video below....

[​IMG]

We go and find a spot for Spectromagic next. I do like this parade but it ‘s probably my least favourite of all the parades.
    Video below....

[​IMG]

We finish the night off with Holiday Wishes. This is a great show but doesn’t make me cry like Wishes does. We stand on main Street to watch and we have a cuddle. :hearts:

2. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

Aw! What a fantastic day! This just makes me want to go a Christmas so much more.

3. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Oh, thank you for sharing the videos! :hug2: The entertainers one is excellent.
    I want to go now!!! :mickeybounce:

4. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

Diane i bought a silver charm at DTD in the world of disney shop!
    Magic kingdom is such a special place loved the report :)

5. Isafari

Ann....there were silver charms when we were there but not the type I wanted. I want this style....

Attached Files:

6. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Another great day. I always wave to the charachter's hun.

7. Isafari

:lol: thank you Michelle....pleased I'm not the only big kid!

8. kevin butts

kevin butts Earning my ears

Magic videos and report :thumbsup:

9. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

That photo is AMAZING!!!!!! As is your trip report.... I can't wait to read the next bit.. and then I can get started on Skywatcher's too!

10. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Your photos are incredible Diane...what sort of camera were you using?

And you and your hubby are sooooo romantic :D

A lovely example :yes:

11. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Diane and Dave are quite a cute couple!

Great photos!

12. Isafari

Thanks Josh....I love to see the toy soldiers all marching down Main Street :yes:

:lol: why thank you Johnie....is it ok to send the cash via Paypal? :lol:

We use a Canon EOS 400D.
    Erm....where did you get the romantic notion from Becca? :lol: