1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

AM I EVER COMING HOME! DECEMBER 31ST….EPCOT

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Isafari, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Today we got to Epcot around 10am. We were waiting in line at the booths for car parking when about four cars in front of us, everyone was just waved through. Free parking for everyone! :thumbsup: Something must have gone wrong with the tickets machines.

We knew from previous years that the park would be very crowded today but, what can I say, we still enjoy ourselves and the atmosphere is unbeatable.

After a wander around Innoventions we make our way towards Soarin’. By 11am, there were no Fastpasses left and the wait time was 220 minutes! :bugeye: We decide to leave it until our next visit later in our trip.

Heading over to WS, we catch the end of Mariachi Cobre in Mexico which is one of DH’s favourite entertainment here. We decide to ditch the time guide and just chill for the day, catching bits of the other entertainment as and when we came across it. We still had opportunities later in the holiday to catch everything so there was no rush.

Before we knew it, it was time for our 2.25pm ADR at Le Cellier. We love the food here and it is the only place I have trusted to do a filet mignon for myself that was cooked well enough for me to eat. We both opt for the onion soup as a starter which is delicious. We also both have the filet mignon but I have mine plain, no sauces and with mash. It is cooked to perfection. We both have a soft drink. The bill before tip was $94. A little too full to look at the dessert menu, we decide to visit France a little later for some pastries.

A few hours later, we pig out on …..

[​IMG]

One of our favourite times of our trip is always NYE as the evenings entertainment begins. We watch the first showing of Illuminations before heading over to the Fountain Stage and DJ Scooters Dance Party. For the past three years, we have spent most of the night here and thoroughly enjoyed it.

There is a distinct lack of photos from today as I only had my pocket camera with me which is what I took these few seconds of video with so please forgive the quality.

[YOUTUBE]qKxlDArUUK8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]47M4Ptj1TEc[/YOUTUBE]

At about 1.30am, we made our way out of the park and it took us 90 minutes to get from the car to the exit of the park!!!

2. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

wow Dave looks to be having fun :) ................... 90 mins is a long time when your tiered and ready for your bed :)

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

does Dave know that you have posted him singing? had he had a few? Looks like a lot of fun. I guess we brits are used to queuing to getting out of places. :lol:

4. Isafari

Dave was having fun, he loves NYE at Epcot. I went to sleep before we got out of the car park!

Erm.......pass :anxious::seesaw: .....the one with the horns won!
    No, we were on soft drinks only....he always looks like that when he's dancing :lol:

5. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Looks like a really nice day. Love the singing LOL, had me in stitches!!!

Why did you not save me any pastries?

6. Isafari

I can honestly say I didn't even think of you when we were eating them! Is that bad of me :lol:

7. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

Talk about rubbing cream-cakes in the wound

8. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Wow, I didn't know they had that kind of party at NYE in Epcot. Is that normal? How long do they play?

Oh my goodness!!!! 90 minutes. That's insane.

9. Isafari

They have lots of parties in Epcot at NYE. They start straight after the first showing of Illuminations at 7.50pm and end around 1am or later. NYE just gone, there was the one at the Fountain Stage where we usually go, a couple in America, one in Italy and one in China.

10. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Wow! That really sounds like fun and more than one party too. :D Thanks for sharing the video.