1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Am I mad? Sharing a room with three other people

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Oreo, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I've used them twice- once for disney and universal hotel packages and last year for the whole thing. I've had very good service from them and wouldn't hesitate to use again. Because i don't go for traditional travel agents i like to pay all/part of my holiday on a credit card for extra insurance in case things go wrong. Complete Orlando don't charge a fee for this. We have a cc that gives cash back so every little helps too! They are part of the attraction tickets direct company i think. they have usually worked out quite a bit cheaper for us for disney hotels so that's why we used them in the first place.

Give them a call for the flights- no harm in asking.

If you are going out of school holidays/popular times i would say you could get cheaper flights than £750. We paid just over £500 in early December- here is a guide for BA as to when lowest fares are, might give you an idea

2. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Right, I have spent the majority of this afternoon on the phone to complete orlando and Disney.

A few nuggets of infomation that you may or may not be interested in.

Both Disney and Complete Orlando do not know the prices of the virgin flights until 330 days from departure (not sure what the figure is for British Airways).

So Disney will put a 'blanket' price on all flights outside that date dependant on what time of year it is.

In this case it's low season so they have put a price of £750 per person. If you book it outside the 330 days you pay that price and the flight prices could go up Or down but because you have pre booked it you pay £750.

Whereas complete orlando will do a similar thing, they put a price on a flight (in this case £900 per person) however if the flight prices goes up they will not charge you extra but will reduce the cost if the flight price goes down.

Having looked at flights for this September they are around £750 per person so I am tempted to book them with Disney so that it is all done and dusted.

However part of me is tempted to wait until 330 days out just in case they're a bit cheaper.

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

It's a difficult decision to make, but if you are happy with paying £750 for your flights then if it was me I would go ahead and book the holiday.

You could wait and you might be able to get lower prices, but then the Government could increase duty or the green tax and then that will be added to the ticket prices for next year.

I don't envy you making a decision for everyone else :)

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i reckon in September you could get them for less than that ...but you want to tie it in with your package i'm guessing so it's a risk on getting the right dates etc. If you're happy with the £750 go for it and book with Disney- you also get a few extras with Disney don't you? never booked with them.

5. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Extra's, well kind of.

You get your key to the world which has your ticket and your room key and everything on it. But if you go to guest services you can ask them to do this for you anyway even if you bought the ticket from a third party.

You also get the magical express, however again you get this with just a room booking, all you've got to do is ask! :)

We do get a $200 gift card to use along with VIP showings of Iluminations and Wishes. Although they aren't great seating area's in all honesty as we used them last year.

We get a free game of mini golf also.

Need to see if we get anything else included.

6. Mamabear

Mamabear Earning my ears

I went last year with my mum , 21 year old brother and 23 year old friend and my 5 year old .. All in one room .. I wouldnt say I enjoyed sharing a bed with my mum and I'm sure my son would have preferred being in a bed then on a cot mattress on the floor between the beds but for the money save its worth it , it's only a short amount of time plus you don't spend anytime in there really :)

Joshy and JackJacks Mummy