1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

American Express Lounge at Universal Studios

Discussion in 'Universal/Islands of Adventure' started by Wendy, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

If you pay for tickets using an Amex card, I understand that you can get free acces to the American Express Lounge in Universal Studios.

Has anyone ever been in there and if so what's it like?

2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Is it just American registered Amex cards? I remember looking at this as I have a BA Amex card but that didn't count

3. Wendy

I assume it is any as this is their terms and conditions:

*Receive exclusive access to the American Express Lounge with purchase of any Universal Orlando® multi-park ticket or Annual Pass with any American Express Card. Purchase must be made with any American Express Card to be eligible. Present your confirmation page or original receipt plus your American Express Card to gain entrance to the American Express Lounge located in Universal Studios Florida across from Shrek’s Ye Olde Souvenir Shoppe. Party size will be determined based on quantity of multi-park ticket or annual pass purchases noted on purchase receipt (limited to 6 people per card). Space is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis. Offer ends 5/15/12. Lounge is open seven days a week from 12 pm -5 pm. Days and times are subject to availability and to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply. No refunds or returns. Parking fees are not included. Copyright 2011 American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

I'll email them and see what they say.

4. Wendy

Brit, I've just had a reply from Universal and they said that any AMEX card that bears the AMEX symbol is allowed access. You do have to purchase something though, I'll be buying our tickets using my card so that will be fine for us.

You should be able to use your BA Amex :D

5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

oooh, interesting, won't be going this year but certainly for the future. You'll have to take some pictures!

6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We use this lounge as a 'put off' until dinner. Air conditioned with a sofa and maybe a dozen or so assorted chairs. You just show your Amex card and park pass at the desk on your way in.

They have bottled water, granola bars which are very tasty and ready salted chips (crisps)

You can help yourself and also take the items out with you.