1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

American Idol at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Your Reviews

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Skywatcher, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Please post your 'experience' here let everyone know what its all about, what happened and who you think would enjoy it along with any pics and videos if you have them :D
  2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Johnie and I saw this for the first time on our recent trip (March '09).

It follows the basic premise of the popular reality show, allowing Disney guests to audition (held earlier in the morning at DHS) and compete (in a series of three shows throughout the day) for a spot in the final show (last show of the day) where a golden ticket is awarded (a front of the line pass to any AI audition held around the US).

The set dynamics are quite similar to the TV show (as you'll see in the photos) right down to the three judges...Randylookalike, Paulalookalike and SimonCowellsoundalike (they even have the bright red Coca Cola cups on the table :yes: ).

And what AI experience could truly *be* experienced without Ryanseacrestlookalike? Yes, he's there. Along with the obligatory cameos from "real" AI winners on the big screen.

If you've seen the reality show, the AI Experience is very much the same. Three contestants perform their chosen karaoke song and are then critiqued by the judges. (To thunderous boo's and jeers when Simoncowellsoundalike speaks)

At the end of the show, you, the audience member, are allowed to vote for your favorite "Idol" via the keypad on the armrest of your chair.

The end.

Cue the lights, start the music, fade to black.

Now quite frankly, perhaps I'm too skeptical for my own good, but I think it's rigged. I have my hypothesis but I'll save that for my trip report. :wink:

At the end of the day, I have to say my favorite part was the preshow guy who warms up the audience and teaches everyone how to push the button on the key pad. Now, HE was funny.

Ok, a few photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I thought the set up was a very good portrayal of the real AI set. It was a neat show. I too think it may very well be rigged though.
  4. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

sounds like you would need to spend all day in there though....
  5. Johnie

Well if you want to see everyone. They have several shows throughout the day. 3 contestants each show. The winners from each round go onto compete in the last show of the day.
  6. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

So do they get to choose which song they sing to or is it handed to them?

Presumably as the grand prize is a front of line pass to any AI audition there would be no point in anyone outside the US entering then?
  7. Johnie

I don't know anything about the song selection. I'm assuming they get to pick?

Yes, the winner at the end of the day gets a pass to go to one of the AI auditions. Let me see if I can find out anything else about it.
  8. Johnie