1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Amount for Maid Service Tips at disneyworld resorts?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by buzzchamp, May 20, 2011.

1. buzzchamp

buzzchamp Imagineer

- How much should we budget for tipping maid service?
    - Should we leave money daily or just once at the end of our stay?
    Thanks!
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

First let me say that tips are neither required or expected. That said my DW and I normally leave $5.00/day. If we remember to print them before we leave we have special MOUSEKEEPING envelopes. If you are going to leave one I would suggest daily because you aren't always guaranteed the maid will be the same every day or even that the one who happens to be there at the end of your stay is the one who provided most of the service.
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

When we stayed on site we left the same as John, $5 a day.

I also printed up thank you envelopes to put the money in and I left it on the dresser every morning when we went out. :)

I also do this at non disney hotels, just without the Disney envelope :lol:
  4. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

We aren't as generous as John and Wendy and only leave about $2 a day but at the end of the holiday (will change this as it's a good point about the different housekeepers). It does depend on how much money we have left.
    I love the envelopes thing, I bet that puts a smile on the housekeepers faces!!
    :wiggle:
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Just remember, Disney CMs are not allowed to accept money from guests as tips, unless they are in a tipping position such as valet parkers, or table service staff. Chamber maids are paid a wage above minimum, unlike servers who are expected to make their wages through tips.

There is no reason what so ever to tip a chamber maid. Anything you leave is pure generosity on your part (and technically forces the CM to break the "accept no tips rule").
  6. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

There is no requirement to leave anytihng for chambermaids (Mousekeepers) but when you come back from a day in the parks and the kids stuffed animals are arranged on the bed reading a Disney book or some other cute setup that was from a special individual. So I'd do my best leaving a towel creature in the bathroom with a twenty dollar bill in its mouth
  7. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

WOW! I`d clean your room real good for $20 :lol:
  8. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

My oldest granddaughter has recently started working at a Courtyard Marriott Suites hotel as a maid/cleaning person. She said that their policy on tips is that they MUST turn them in daily and then they get split among all of the the cleaners. She said that their manager tests them by randomly leaving amounts in the rooms and if they aren't turned in then they get fired.