1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Animal Kingdom Cast Members Get Sick From Fumes

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Isafari, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

More than a dozen cast members at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park fell ill on Wednesday from parking lot fumes, authorities said.

Eighteen cast members reported feeling ill and it was determined that fumes from the resurfacing of a parking lot were the cause, authorities said.

Six of the cast members were transported to a hospital for treatment.

All of the cast members involved had been exposed to the fumes for extended periods of time, authorities said, because they worked in the parking lot in various positions such as attendants or tram drivers.

Authorities said the paving was halted after the incident.

No guests fell ill, and the theme park’s operation was not affected.

2. Scott1066

Scott1066 Earning my ears

How bizzarre. How about the gugs that work on the roads. I used to work on the roads and loved the smell of tarmac. My inlaws when living in London way back when used to be taken to a bridge to breath in the fumes from the tamac plant to help get rid of colds

3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I can only imagine the fumes, the heat, and the humidity combined would make a horrible combination.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

My first thought when I heard this on the local news was, "UH OH, Dawn's not even here yet and there are problems!" :eek: