1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Question Animal kingdom lodge buses?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by buzzchamp, Sep 5, 2013.

1. buzzchamp

buzzchamp Imagineer

Really like the look of this resort but it looks so far out on the maps and I'm worried about how frequently the buses arrive ? Im right that there are no other ways to get around?

Is there any other advantage to staying there like special tours?

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

In theory the buses should run every 20 minutes or so but I have heard several folks complaining about the wait time.
    As you say, it is a bit remote and Disney do not provide any other way of getting around.
    If you wanted to go to other locations on site, it may be best to go to the Animal Kingdom and get a bus from there. [Having never stayed at the resort, I cannot say for sure how this works out. :unsure:]

3. katycoco

katycoco Imagineer

We stayed at akl 2011 and the busses were great, the never waited more than 10 mins .

4. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

It probably depends on the time of year but when we stayed here in July one year the buses were a mess. In fact, one bus driver completely forgot to stop at the Jambo House stop and we had to remind him to which he had to do a UTurn further down the street.

5. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Stayed there last year (right after Christmas) and buses were great. No problems at all. It was a wonderful stay. The place is just beutiful. You can go out to the Savanahs and see the animals. There were interpreters along the walkways to give you their insights as well. There was some stuff for the kids, such as story time, and a parade of sorts through the lodge. It was so nice to get a drink and bring it up to the fireplace and sit back and recall the busy day. I would certainly recommend the resort.!

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Just stayed there this year and it was perfectly fine. The buses were no problem and ran regularly. Any resort is going to have bus woes from time to time. Going to Animal Kingdom would not be a good option for bus transport as that would only add a step to the trip.

7. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

tn_DSC_1223.jpg
    The theming is stunning. Especially during the holidays. This is my brother and his family.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013