1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

animal kingdom lodge too far out?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by disney1sttimer, Sep 3, 2008.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

is the animal lodge really a long way from everything like some people are saying? How long does it take to get to the magic kingdom from there on a disney bus?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

AKL and All Star Resorts are indeed at the far reaches of WDW. However, DO NOT let this deter you. AKL is an absolutely beautiful lodge and IMHO you cannot beat the ambiance. It will probably take about 15 minutes on WDW Transport to get to MK.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

WDW is a big place, yes. However, the location of their resorts are all within a very reasonable distance from the parks. Tops 15 minutes. The location of the resorts isn't so much a factor for me as is the theme of each resort and of course, the cost.

Stay where you can afford to and then where it most appeals to you. :yes:

4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I don't think it is that far out. Plus it is right there next to Animal Kingdom. It is a beautiful resort.

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I dont think it's too far out at all... to be honest, I've had great experiences there. I read one persons review once about awful busses and no animals and was just amazed.

The music piped into the bus stop is one of my fond memories of akl, it's all so well themed. If it takes a few mins longer to get to the MK, heck youre on holiday, who cares :D

It's a truly great resort and I wouldnt be put off by thoughts it's far away. It's truly beautiful

6. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We always use the car so location is not a major factor for me, but even if we were using transport it wouldn't put me off AKL lends itself to being tucked out of the way somewhat.

Keith one of the reasons we loved POR so much was the music piped around the resort. It really makes it feel special :p015:

7. MinnieMouse

MinnieMouse Earning my ears

I love AKL as it is such a fantastic resort. It is further out than most of the other resorts but dont let deter you from staying there.

I will always remember the first time we stayed there. I was so amazed at the theming and seeing the animals from your balcony each morning is so special.

If it takes a bit longer to get to MK dont worry, relax, you are on holiday.:p015:

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Further out from what though? It's right on top of AK. :yes: