1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

News Animal Kingdom's Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade to End

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

mickeys-jammin-jungle-parade.jpg

A Disney World Spokeswoman has revealed that Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade will come to an end at Disney's Animal Kingdom this summer. The Parade's last day is as yet unknown but it will be sometime in June.

Work on an expansion of Animal Kingdom, which will include a Pandora section based on the film "Avatar," will soon impede on the parade path and viewing areas for guests, Disney said.

The daily, afternoon parade has run at the theme park since October 2001 and there are no plans for a replacement parade at this time, Disney said.

The holiday version of the parade called Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade will also end.
  2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

That's a shame! Although it was my least favourite parade, it will only leave the one Disney park with a parade. Shows and parades are what I go for, not the rides....which I know is the opposite to most folk!
  3. Sam

Sam Imagineer

That is a shame. This is Gethin's favourite parade as he feels we can get closer to the characters. Also the first time we went Donald Duck squirted Gethin with his water gun. He talks about it every time he sees Donald Duck.
  4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Tbh I think I've seen it 3 times, we don't tend to stay in AK much after lunch when we go anyway
  5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I think we've only seen it once or twice also. Like Brit we also don't tend to stay long enough.
  6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Sad to see this one go, I've always enjoyed the music for this parade as well as the floats and costumes.

For as long as I can remember we had this perfectly timed tradition where we stood under the Camp Minnie Mickey sign, watched the parade and then just as the last of it went by, we'd turn back and walk right into the last showing of Festival of The Lion King. Afterwards, we'd come out, the park would be closed and we'd enjoy a last leisurely stroll through the park to a near empty bus stop.

It was my favorite "tip" to give for AK.

As silly as it is, it's hard to let go of those traditions.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    lisaw and keith like this.
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It is, Becca. It is. I like this parade, because it was different than any of the others. I like different styles of parades. I really liked the Great Millennium Walk at EPCOT. :sigh: Miss it still.

I know that change is good, and it keeps things fresh. We'll see how it goes for AK.
    Sam and Beccaberry like this.
  8. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Aww I really liked it, mind you because it has been going so long I've lost count of the amount of times I have seen it! Will miss it though, I love the parades!
    Sam likes this.
  9. Sam

Sam Imagineer

I will miss it but like you say things have to move on to keep things fresh.
  10. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I dont see us going to AK anytime soon now... No Lion King and no parade? Not much for littles to do!