1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Anna Maria Island

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by Isafari, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Anyone been to Anna Maria Island?

If so, I'd love your thoughts on the place as I'm thinking of spending a few days there this summer inbetween park time.

2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Been years since I've been there but it's always been a nice place. Did I mention they have beaches? And, you're not too far away from the Bradenton/Sarasota area which has their own attractions. Like the Ringling Art Museum in Sarasota.

Tom :)macwave:... likes Florida beaches!)

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

It has been many years but Donna and I have been there and I loved it. She had been before we went together and told me all about. A friend of her mom and dad lived there and rented out a cottage. We were right on the water and had a blue heron who came to visit us daily looking for bologna. That is all he would eat from us. But he ate other things from other folks. As Tom said, not too far from Sarasota and the Ringling Bros. Museum.

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Thanks guys. It does sound like the ideal place to go for time out from the parks and I've found lodgings right on the beach front which would be ideal.
    We have been to Sarasota and the Ringling Museum but would visit again if the weather wasn't good enough for DH to do some fishing and have some BBQ's etc

Will let you know if I book :thumbsup: