1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Anniversary ideas - with a child!

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings/Honeymoons/Anniversaries' started by Kate, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

While we are away this year it will be our 5th wedding anniversary, so i was looking for ideas for something different to do that day - however, we will have our 4 year old daughter with us so has to be something that will keep her happy too! I suggested doing a non-swim at DC but dh didnt see the point in that, so im looking for other suggestions!

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Would you want to have her go to one of the child care centers run by Disney so that you could have a dinner together? They are quite nice and have very good reputations. They also do really fun things with the children.

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I guess it depends on what you like to do and whether or not you will have your daughter with you...

I would personally suggest visiting the spa at the Grand Floridian... (Im dying for a massage hahaha)

But honestly, I think you can do something not totally our of the ordinary, but just make it special for yourselves AND your daughter... maybe a character meal you can all enjoy, or a nice dinner... we have a FANTASTIC dinner at Sanaa, the place is gorgeous, and if you get a window table you have the animals walking right past you.... so that kept Tatiana entertained :)

4. chief

chief Earning my ears

yes i think a character dinner would be special for you all. if you are going with friends or family could they babysit so you can have a special evening together. if you are staying at wdw are there babysitting facilities [if you are happy to do that?]

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

What about a specialty cruise? Wishes or Illuminations? You can have snacks and drinks brought on board. :yes:

6. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

Yes, Kate. I would recommend a fireworks cruise! We did that on our honeymoon and it was soo nice!
    There's also the boats you can rent out and drive around. Maybe that would be nice for an afternoon?
    What are your dates in November? Maybe I'll be there and I would be willing to watch Isabelle for you :) I don't get to play with girls much!