1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

annual pass worth it?

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by goofygal, Dec 30, 2010.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

We sometimes go out there for 3 weeks at a time so Im wondering if it makes financial sense to get an annual pass or not ?

We've always just bought tickets from disney when we get there, do you know if theres a cheaper way? thanx

2. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

from the uk, it was said to us that if you were going to use them for more than 14 days yes it was a saving as you get free parking also saving $12 a time. also they have room offers which are well worth a look you need your annual pass on arrival to the resort though. also if you go every year you could go slightly earlier next time and be able to use the same pass the following year.
    the only tyhing i didnt like about them is they are a paper pass not a plastic card :(

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

An AP is definately worth it in our case, especially as we tend to visit at least twice each year...we have a villa there so this helps with the expense!

Also as we are DVC members we get a thumping good discount on the purchase cost of the AP.

The free parking, together with discounts at some of the WDW outlets are also a great perk, aside from the unlimited free entry to the parks.

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

BTW, parking is now up to $14/day if you aren't onsite or a pass holder.

5. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

No joke. That is one of the reasons that sold me on the annual. I've had a resident seasonal the past few years but decided to go with an annual this year because #1 NO BLACKOUT DATES and #2 Free parking.