1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Annual Passes & when they begin

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by BigThunder, Dec 5, 2009.

1. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I have my funding to buy our 4 APs but before I do I just want to make double sure that nothing has changed since my last ones that ended in January of this year. So, I can go ahead & buy them now & they will not start until I actually run them through the gates, correct? I'm a little nervous since I won't be using them until July of 2010 & it would really stink if I lost 6 months of use!
    Also since I'm buying so far in advance, will they still give me the option to pick up at the window of one of the parks or do you think they will send them to me in the mail? I'm afraid as scatter brained as I am that I'll lose them!

2. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Hmm, no one knows? Was just looking for someone to reassure me that they still begin when you first use,not when you buy. I'll give them a call on Monday & ask.

3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

When I had one two years ago that was the case. :D

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It is my understanding that if you buy the actual pass, the clock starts ticking on that date. If you buy a voucher, which you will turn in for a pass, the clock doesn't start until you turn in the voucher.

We buy vouchers from AAA, then turn them in at the gate for the actual pass (unless of course we are renewing an AP, then the clock starts at the renewal date) where the clock starts.

Hope that's not too confusing. If you are buying actual passes, I would expect the clock to start, and yes, you'd lose time if you didn't use the pass.

5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

When I ordered mine, I was just sent the voucher.

6. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I'm pretty sure they start the day you purchase.

Unless it's a renewal. If it's a renewal, it would begin the day of original purchase. For instance, I renewed my seasonal pass in Sept., within 30 days of my original purchase date. They have the deal going on right now where you get 3 mos. free so, my pass expires next November (3 mos. from the date of original purchase, Aug.)

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Again, if you purchase the actual pass. :yes: If you purchase a voucher, the clock doesn't start until you trade that voucher in for an actual pass. :yes:

8. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep this is my understanding of it too :yes: We've had both in the past and that's exactly how it worked

9. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

If indeed it is a renewal then the date starts on the day the old pass expires. If it is a new pass, the DO NOT send you the pass. They send you vouchers and they become activated the day you pick them up. We have owned APs for years and it has always worked this way for us.

10. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Ok, so I just need to be sure & let them know I want the voucher & not the actual passes yet. That suits me fine anyway as I fear I could misplace them in 7 months time, lol.