1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Another Surprise Trip ~ June 2009

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Tinker, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Another Surprise Pre-Trip ~ June 2009

I cancelled our June trip due to Kim's pregnancy:biggrin:finding out after the fact that the baby isn't coming till August . It's all good though since Jim and I are still in the planning stage in May and doing the cruise .
    But ... the 10th anniversary pin event is in June and my birthday is the 25th before the pin event starts . So , I was talking to my friend Cindy . She is the one that use to be a CM and introduced me to the pin event . She called out of the blue wanting to know if I was still coming and I told her No .
    She stated she I needed a break, her DH has been ill and stopped smoking . He is beyond Grumpy . She is going to book at Pop with her AP FL rate from the 25th to 29th . She has a 3 day fun pass that she bought for her daughter and it was never used . If staying on site is too expensive, we can try somewhere off site . If all else fails through, I can stay at her house . Either Way
    I will be doing a trip report on the pin event . Happy Birthday to me at WDW . WooHoo

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  2. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Hey, I guess you all missed this :taunt:
    Update is : I am going . We are staying a couple of nights off site for my birthday and a couple of nights at Cindy's . :mental: I'm updating my 5 day park pass in May to an AP . I'll be an AP holder again . :mental: For the first time ever I will actually be at the world on my birthday day . LOL :mental: and doing the pin event which was totally unplanned . It's the 10th anniversary . :mental:

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

wooohooooo EXCELLENT!

I'm going in June too :D

4. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Really, When, Keith ?

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I did miss this Tinker!

Make sure you get your free present on your birthday!!

6. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

free present ? fast pass right b/c I have an AP .
    Nevermind, duh, forgot about the gift card . ( or park tix )

7. Johnie

There are several options if you don't want to get the free ticket on your birthday.

A birthday FASTPASS® exchange card+ for a certain number attractions at the Theme Park you visit on your birthday; or

A birthday fun card in an amount equal to the price of a 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket* for you to use for certain purchases including select merchandise, recreation or tour experiences, or for Disney's PhotoPass® on-site services at participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resort; or

A 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket for you to use any time until your next birthday.

Have you registered on the Disney website?

8. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

:cool:

You're going to have fun! :)

9. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I had forgot about the birthday fun card at first . :sorry: No, I haven't registered . Didn't know you could do so in advance .
    Since when is FL resident AP rooms so high ? I guess I must be still back in the day, when residents could get value rooms for $49. - $59. Unless I was doing something wrong, I was getting $129. a night . Could it be that June is peak season ?

10. Johnie

They haven't released resident or Ap rates for June yet. We got a $69 value room at the All Stars for March.

11. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

now thats what I was looking for Johnie and with her being a FL resident should be less . :yes: The research I've done tells me that June is peak season . So, rooms will be slightly higher, but $129 . Geez !!! Hopefully a better AP rate will become available .
    I'd rather stay on site the first couple of nights . I'm meeting my friends from Miami Dee & Herself , or GiGi & Herself , whichever way you want to look at it . They are both my dearest friends . LOL And then my buddy , Rob . I know these guys are going to get me wasted for my bday . I'd rather be on site . LOL