1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Anti-biotics

Discussion in 'General' started by Suebeattie, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Hi all, well tomorrow is the day we leave to go to the airport and Zac seems like he is coming down with a cold.
    He's just curled up on the sofa at the moment.
    My question is if the cold really kicks in and he ends up with a chest infection, where do we go to get some antibiotics? Do we just go to walgreens or CVS or do we need to find a doctor?
    Nurofen usually works a treat with his temperature and I've got that but just wanted to be prepared just incase.

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I don't think you can get antibiotics unless you see a doctor :sorry:

If you are concerned, is it I worth speaking to your doctor today (especially if Zack gets chest infections from colds) and explaining the situation, he/she may be prepared to give you a prescription to get some before you leave.

3. Suebeattie

Ah thanks Wendy. I think he'll be fine he doesn't usually get a chest infection with a cold but a couple of times it's happened. He hasn't got a cough yet but just feels a bit warm at the mo and is a bit snotty.
    Just wanted to make sure I knew where I would need to go to get them if we think he'll need them.
    If anything he's probably getting his last teeth :(

4. Wendy

I hope he feels better soon :hug2:

So then are you all packed and ready to go and maybe just a little bit excited to be going home to the Mouse :D

5. Suebeattie

Thanks Wendy.
    Mostly packed just the last few bits to go in. Can't wait to get going, leaving about 3pm to get to the hotel at gatwick so that's when it really begins :)
    Just hoping the flight isn't too delayed - today's one was an hour and half late :(

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You do need a physician's prescription for antibiotics in this country. If you think he needs some, then you'll need to visit an urgent care (or walk in) center. Depending upon the prescription, you may be able to get the medicine free from Publix as they give out certain types of antibiotics for no charge.

7. Suebeattie

Ah thank you tink that's great. Zacs a lot better today so hopefully it was just a little bug yesterday.
    Thanks again for the info - something I've never had to really think of before but feel I need to be a little prepared with ds in tow :)

8. Wendy

Well I never knew that, I know that Publix give out the free antibiotics though, as I have had them.