1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Any advice would be great.

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Sam, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Sam

Sam Imagineer

Ok, as many of you know we went this year again with my dad, but this time with his partner who seemed to have the talent of acting like a hormonal teenager.

Anyway we're booked again for October 2015 but this time we booked the villa with friends. I did this only after dad said that they wouldn't be able to afford to go again.

Well since then he's now decided that they do want to go and so the question I have can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel/resort that runs a free shuttle bus to Disney? I did consider finding a bigger villa, but on our last holiday my dad wanted to go to different parks to us all the time and also I'm not sure I want to inflict his partner on my friends. If they stayed where there is a free shuttle then they can come and go to any of the parks that they want without us having to drive them there all the time. Dad doesn't have the confidence to drive so it has to be a bus.

Do you think it's better if he stayed in a value Disney resort or are there other hotels/resorts that also offer the shuttle bus but are cheaper? Also would you say if he did stay in a Disney resort it would be better to book direct with WDW or are there any decent agents out there that we should consider?

Thanks all.

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I'm sure Johnie would be more than happy to assist with a Disney resort.

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Sam is in Wales John and so she would use a UK agent.

Sam I would definitely not her a bigger villa to accommodate everyone. The idea of a shuttle resort is a brilliant idea. If they aren't worried about cost then a Disney resort would be good and I would have thought they would be happy with POR.

Robert is staying off site this time at somewhere in DTD so he may be able to help you there. I think our Deb did as well so she will have some advice.

4. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Imagineer

Shuttles from off-site places can be a bit busy if they are shared between hotels.
    I would recommend a value on-site for ease of transport.

I've used a USA based travel counsellor like Johnie a few times from the UK as it sometimes works out cheaper :)

5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Johnie is wonderful to work with, send her an email jsangell@msn.com or jsangell@gmail.com

I would suggest he stay at a value resort at Disney, its just so much simpler!!!! Closer to everywhere, free and constant transportation which he has already used, free airport shuttle, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Another vote for on site. Makes everything much simpler!

7. Sam

Sam Imagineer

Thank you so much guys, I really appreciate the advice. I will certainly give Johnie a shout. My gut was saying on site so I'll advise him to do that. Like you say with them being on site it would be easy for them to get back and forth from the parks and it would take an awful lot of pressure of us.

:urthebest: