1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Any last minute words of advice?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by Tink, Aug 24, 2009.

1. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

TOM! That's looks so fabulous....:yes:

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Thank you all! All good things for me to remember. I'll have to work on that living for the moment though. I'm not very good at that and it's about time I learned how to be more appreciative of the minute I'm in instead of worrying about the hours to come, eh?

Tom, that was a really nice video! :yes: Thank you for sharing it with us.

Well, we've now got the house clean (upstairs needs a bit more done) the lawn mowed and all the edging done, and the pool corrected (don't ask :eek: ) so we are nearly ready for guests.

Feels funny to not be cooking up a storm, but since we won't be here, nothing to cook!

We'll probably do some small amount of cooking when we return and have some guests that stay after the cruise. :yes:

Just need to pack... do wish this low level anxiety would just GO away. :sigh:

3. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

:wave: Tink, I knew in the back of my head you were going on a cruise but it just crept up i guess!!Have the best time. I always get nervous before a trip too. Laughed about the capris, sounds like me! I think my clothes were in 2 catagories, work and junk!!!! Pictures please. How cool that so many of your family can go too. Relax and enjoy the moment :hug2:

4. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

Have a blast :) Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy enjoy enjoy every single minute :)

5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i got the best advice..............

Have Fun!!! :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

6. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Oh no have I missed you? :( If I haven't then have a fabulous time XXXXXXXXX You deserve it XXXXXXXXXXXX

7. Tink

Oh no. I'm not gone yet. :D We don't leave until Saturday (where we'll go to OKW with the rest of them) and then leave for the actual cruise from OKW on Sunday. :yes:

I'm just trying to make sure that I've not forgotten anything (other than the dramamine)! :eek: Herself nearly croaked when I told her about it!

8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

ok darling, inhale and exhale....it is all going to be all right :hug2:

Remember to take the Dramamine and the passports....everything else can be purchased (and I'm pretty sure the Dramamine can be as well).

remember you are not there to be Party Planner Extraordinaire for everyone...you are there to relax and have a fabulous time! So make you do that missy :yes:

I know you don't do pictures, but please at least let us see what the pirate outfits look like ok? :worship:

9. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Tink will do pictures won't you Tink? Even if they're of every one else!!!!

10. Tink

I really, really will try. I've thought of any number of ways of trying to show you the pirate outfits, because we really have put some thought into them. I've thought of having them hanging on the hangar (in the manner that we'd be wearing them) and photographing them that way. That sounds kind of silly though?

Wait til you see the "jewels" though! LOL! GAUDY in the extreme! I have one ring that is so heavy and big it actually weighs my hand down! :lol:

As for being the planner, well we are. :yes: I know that everyone is going to keep looking to us to coordinate everything, but Herself has made it clear that once we hit the ship, everyone is on their own. :yes:

We've had a touch of personal problem for one family member so that will be a factor, and it's not an insignificant problem, but there really isn't a thing any one of us can do about it right now. We're all going try and keep the focus on the cruise and the fun that we all intended to have from the outset.

One grandchild has backed out. :sorry: She decided that she couldn't miss the first week of college. :( She wasn't going to college when we planned the cruise a year and a half ago, but Herself still feels as though it was her responsibility to have chosen a time frame that would have worked for everyone.

So, you see? Little bits of things here and there that are worrying in the back (not so very far back) of our minds. :sigh:

We are off to dinner tomorrow at California Grill for an early birthday dinner for Herself. (We couldn't get reservations anywhere on her birthday - the 27th). The first group of family comes in tomorrow too, but we are still going to dinner on our own.

We'll spend some time in a park on Herself's birthday with the early arrivals, and who knows what for dinner. Not sure what's up for Friday, and Saturday is filled with picking up food, runs to the airport, checking into OKW, etc...

Now, anyone want to tell me what I'm going to pack for clothes? Remember, I have ONE pair of decent capris... :sigh:

11. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

How formal is your work attire? Do you have things that can mix and match? Or be able to be worn in a more casual way? Like white linen pants with a tank?? Cotton circle skirt with a tee? Hope those capris are either black or khaki!!! Sundress ( maxi length is back):yes:

12. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Nothing :D

Oh..it isn't that kind of cruise??:unsure:

did I make you laugh at least?:wiggle:

13. Tink

LOL! Yes, Shelly you DID!!! :laugh:

My work clothes are pretty much a "uniform" (of my own creation). Trousers with button down oxford shirt and blazers. :sorry: I don't own a dress or a skirt.

I do have a pair of linen white trousers though, those could work for dinner...

My tanks are all Disney. :spring: Eeyore and Tinkerbell in various trims on white.

I'll have to dig up something to go with the white trousers for dinner... I think I have two tops/shirts that are Hawaiian style... that should work. If they fit. That's the problem. Everything is messy looking on me as it's a bit too big... but I don't want to buy new clothes until I'm finally where I want to be size wise...

Pain in the butt, aren't I? :sorry:

14. Tink

Oh and the one pair of capris are a weird blue gray color... (you didn't really think I'd have anything easy to work with, did you)? :mental:

15. Shellyamc

:mental:

Well you didn't give us much time here! We could have all worked together and shipped you a fitting wardrobe!!:yes:

16. Tink

:sorry: :sorry:

There's always overnight express. :D :D :wink:

17. Shellyamc

So true!! I am off to search the closet!!

18. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Sooooooooooooooo then... one person has dropped out, so that means there is a vacancy somewhere's... an empty bunk just needing to be filled?..... Looks at diary for Saturday....

19. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Do I dare ask how long the cruise is gulp.... take out your basics immediately. What do you have in black, white, khaki? You live in Florida, you must have shorts?!! Now I hate myself in shorts and rarely wear them but you must have them. How much did you lose for crying out loud? ( oh and don't forget to pack your meter and test srips BTW) Blue grey is a basic color (sort of) You can where white , light pink and maybe red. The Hawain shirts must be multi colored to match a few things, Today is Wednesday you still have time to go to Kohls!!!

20. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I think that Tink was referring to some suitable attire to wear for dinner seeing as shorts are really a no no for the main restaurants.