1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

any magic shows?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by DisneyAddict, Jan 15, 2011.

1. DisneyAddict

DisneyAddict Imagineer

youngest loves magic so I wanted to try and find some magic shows or something like that in Disney or close by?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I don't know of any actual magic shows but there used to be a store in DTD over on the west side near Cirque that sold magic supplies and frequently they would be putting on shows there. I don't know if that is still there or not.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

The magic shop at DTD West side is one of our ports of call every trip and I normally buy several items from there which come in very handy at dinner parties etc..
    When a few customers enter the shop, the staff there put on a "show" albeit aimed at getting you to purchase the items they have demonstrated.....however there is no hard sell involved.

There is also a similar venue at Universal Studios located along the main street to your right as you enter the park. [Can`t recall the street name!]
    This is a little bit different than the one at DTD in that they allow folks into the shop in batches where they give a bit of a show followed by the obligatory selling exercise....worth a visit though as they offer some different items than those on offer at DTD.