1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

any virgin seats left at online checkin?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Disfan, May 23, 2009.

1. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

hi

weve had problems trying to access our seats online and finally we can but there are almost none available :(

virgin have said dont worry because 40% get released on the day before travel and it'll be easy to book seats with online checkin

does anyone have experience of this and are there loads of seats available at checkin? do you try and book them before online checkin or does online checkin ask you if you want to book seats because last time I tried it just checked me all in and didnt give me any option to book seats.

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I've never managed to change our seats at the online checkin stage perhaps others are more lucky :/

I know that when I login the day before the flight, changes seem to be locked out and then when I do online checkin, I've never noticed an option to change seats as I go through it and then once done, I think changes are basically locked again ;/

So I'd be interested to know whereabouts in the online checkin procedure it gives you the option to change your seats

hope it works out for you!

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We did have an option to change our seats at online check in. It was early on in the process. We moved further forward on the plane.

4. keith

Thats interesting! so before you put in all the passport info and all that or after?

5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I'm fairly sure it was after Keith. I was a bit weary of trying to look for other seats just in case there weren't any better than the ones we had already pre-asigned and if we did look for others, would our original seats go straight back on the system.

When we looked, I'd say there was about 20% of the seats available.

6. keith

thanks Diane, really interesting. Don't really know what I've been doing wrong but Ive just never seen an option at OLCI