1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Anyone stayed in the Buena Vista Palace?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Deb, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

Since having to cancel our perfect, but very expensive, May Disney trip to the Beach Club with Deluxe Dining Plan :cry1: we have been looking for an alternative and cheaper holiday to take during that time. We have found a few in the Caribbean which would be warm and just ok, but the places we REALLY want to stay at there are either fully booked, or guess what? Too darned expensive at this point.

So, yesterday we got to thinking about being able to do Disney on a budget instead :D I always stayed onsite until the last two trips so we are fine with that, we would really like to be in walking distance of DTD. We want to be able to have a bit of Disney without driving. Mr Deb also has the request of a balcony (we like to sit outside when we get back on an evening) and a fridge in the room for chilling beers and wine (saves money and means we can have a nice drink on that balcony! Buena Vista Place has a small balcony and a minifridge, and we can get a good deal with BA right now on a DTD view room of flights (including connecting domestic flights) and room for a total of £2012, which seems good.

I have looked at reviews and overall it seems ok. Does anyone have any experience of this hotel, or of our plan overall? :D

Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep! stayed there a lot and loved it :)

Some parts of it were a bit oldy and in need of refurb but not many and that was a few years ago.

The location couldnt be better as you say!

The bus that goes to the parks takes a torturous route round all the other hotels in the area so that can be a pain but easily avoided.

The outback (not the chain) restaurant if thats still there is lovely!

I'd stay there again no problem. The only thing is we didn't like the outside bit if that makes sense? and always asked for a room in the main building

3. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

Oh, thanks Keith! That is good to know. We think the amount of time we would use the hotel shuttle will be minimum overall, and we may even be prepared to splash out on taxis 3 or 4 times to get back at night (last of the big spenders :lol:). I assume the minifridges are big enough to accomodate a couple of beers and a bottle of wine :D

I'll have to look at the hotel in more detail to see what you mean about the outside areas and the rooms. We will want to do a little sunbathing this time round, so I suppose the pool area is ok for that?

Looks like we might be making our mind up here......

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I dont remember having a fridge, we did put a few things in the minibar but not much.

There are two bits to the hotel as I remember it, a main building where all the shops, restaurants etc are and then an outbuilding (terrible name for it really) which is linked via a short walkway.

Now, my feeling was that the main building was conventiony if that makes sense so they built the other building for holiday makers. We really like to stay in the main building in these places whereas other folk prefer to be a bit out the way. Either one is good :D

Pool area fine yep :)

Honestly we liked it. It was actually MORE convenient than disney hotels to get to/from disney resort restaurants since the buses were all across the road at DTD :)