1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

anyone using an apple trackpad on their desktop?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by goofygal, Mar 20, 2011.

1. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

Just been over to a friend's house and she's been using an apple trackpad but on her desktop. She really likes it because she can rotate images, pinch and do all the things she does on an iphone or laptop. Just wondered had anyone tried one?

Attached Files:

2. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

I haven't personally tried one, not even in the Apple Store. :yes:

3. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

Never quite figured out the reason for it. I'm actually about to get a tablet for photo editing. Looks at a couple different Wacom models.

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I do have one and have tried it. I mean it's a good idea and you can use all the gestures but I couldn't quite get used to it on the desktop.

Now WACOM tablets :) that's something I do know about. Love them! Had an intuos 3, intuos 4 and currently a cintiq 21 which I love to bits. Great for photo editing

5. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Ive never had one of the bamboos myself. I've always been so pleased with the intuos that I've always advised people to get those. Recently a friend bought a bamboo from pcworld in UK and loved it. I tried it and felt it wasn't as gradual in feel as the intuos, it was a little courser but perhaps that's just a difference that only I would tell having come from the other variant? If you went straight to a bamboo I doubt you'd notice.

The one thing that I would always say is get a large one. The small ones have a very very small area and I just didn't get on with them.

7. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I've actually heard of some quite favorable reviews of the Bamboo. Here's one that was in Macworld quite a while ago.

I've got an old Wacom tablet that I've had for years. Haven't used it quite some time. It had a big, heavy, clunky cord on it that was always getting in the way. But just looking now, if I were going to go for another tablet, I'd have to look long and hard at the Wacom Intuos 4 Wireless one. :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... old school mouse fan! Older school command line fan too!)

8. Lisa1976

Lisa1976 Addicted to Mickey

I have the Bamboo Pen which I love. I did try the track pad but it made my wrist hurt :(