1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Question Anything good at International Flower & Garden Festival in epcot?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by keith, May 4, 2014.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

So I think this International Flower & Garden Festival will be on whilst we're there

Is there anything amazing we should be trying to see?

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Just make sure you have your camera as the photo opportunities will be really good. There will be loads of topiaries and they will be amazing.

There is the Flower Power Concert Series and these acts will be on whilst you are there:
    • May 9-11 ---Chubby Checker & The Wildcats “The Twist”
    • May 16-18 ---NEW! Alan Parsons Live Project “Eye in the Sky”
    It's really pretty at this time of the year, I loved it when we went and it was on.

Oh and there is the added bonus of the mini food and wine festival, I think it's called Outdoor Kitchens and you can find a list of what's on offer here also Becca posted a mini trip report with photos here there are also a few more official photos here

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

youre SUCH a pro... are the concert things just ones you catch as you walk around?

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

If you even slightly interested in looking at well laid out and colourful gardens Keith, the FAGF is well worth seeing. In fact it is one of our favourite times to visit Epcot.
    The way that they remove vast tracts of lawn and replace it with gazillions of bedding plants is amazing, not to mention the topiaries and other features that are dotted around the place at the time.

keith likes this.
  5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

The topiaries were really lovely - especially loved the Kermit and Miss Piggy one. My favorite though was the Captain Hook and Peter Pan one :)

The food has some real stars - great place to have a snack around on a lazy afternoon.