1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

AP discounts?

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by daftaboutdisney, Jul 19, 2008.

1. daftaboutdisney

daftaboutdisney Earning my ears

we used to get APs but havent for some time because we werent going often enough

What are the discounts like now? do they still have those annual pass special lounges at each of the parks?

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The AP lounges are long gone.

The discounts are pretty much the same as they were before. You can get a good rate on the hotels sometimes.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Sigh I really loved the lounges :( AK one was great because it was cool with nice cold drinks but my favourite one was epcot where you had to get there by pressing the secret sequence on the elevator keypad :) the guy there was truly brilliant and he was very upset when he heard they were being closed :( as were we!

4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I just saved $100 dollars a night off a courtyard room at the WL. :D I thought that was a good deal.

5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You can get a discount on some meals, purchases at the World of Disney in DTD, and a myriad of other discounts here and there. It's impossible to keep up with them all, so I've taken to asking "Do you offer an AP discount?" Although, I will say do try to know what they are, because sometimes the places get it wrong telling you no discount when actually there is. I ran into that a LOT in Disneyland! :eek: (Not AP discount in that case, rather DVC discount).

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

An AP also allows you to purchase the Disney Dining Experience Card (DDE) which gets you 20% off Food and Drinks at most restaurants and is also good in the food courts.

Ooh....there's something I didn't know.
    What sort of price are we looking at for the DDE card anony mouse?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
  7. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

The AP lounges must have closed before I bought an AP . This is my 1st year without one , but only b/c we are only at WDW a total of 8 days this year . Didn't Pay ! Probably won't get one next year either as we are cruising again and only doing the parks for a week .

8. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Isafari, since it was you who edited my post I'm going to assume you are asking the DDE question. :p015: I believe it is either $60 or $65. You can save that the first couple of times you use the card.

9. Johnie

Disney Dining Experience
    The Disney Dining Experience (DDE) is a discount program that was originally offered only to Florida residents. In 2005 it was opened up to Annual Passholders, too. As such, the program is not a DVC discount per se—rather DVC members must also be Annual Passholders in order to participate.

The DDE program grants participants a discount of 20% off of their total food and beverage purchases (including alcohol) at most WDW dining locations. The cost for an annual DDE membership is as follows:

General Membership (Florida Residents ONLY): $85.00
    Annual Passholders' Rate: $60.00
    Florida Resident (non-Passholder) Renewals: $70.00 (for existing memberships received within 30 days of expiration date)
    Add a second membership for your spouse or partner for only $25 more

10. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Oops....sorry about that! That seems like a good price to me....thanks

Johnie....does this mean that I can purchase one DDE (I will have an AP) and get the 20% discount on both mine and DH's bill if I am the one paying the bill. So, it would cost me $60.....I wouldn't actually have to pay the extra $25for DH.
    Where do you buy these from?
    I assume that tyhe food carts won't accept them....what about counter service?

11. Johnie

The card will allow up to 10 people to get the discount. I wouldn't buy an extra card if you two spend all your time together.

You can get the discount at the table service restaurants and the food courts at the values (they do not have a TS restaurant). You used to be able to use it at the counter service places at AK but I'm not sure you still can since they now have Yak and Yeti.

Let me get you the info for ordering

12. Johnie

Florida Residents and Annual Passholders can join the Disney Dining Experience and enjoy a 20% discount on food and beverages (including alcoholic beverages) at most full-service restaurants and lounges in the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks and hotels.

The benefit is valid for a party of up to 10 people. Only one discount card can be used per table. The member must be present and must present the card when ordering.

The Disney Dining Experience membership card is not accepted on holidays, including Mothers Day, Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

In addition to the 20% discount on food and beverages, membership includes:

complimentary resort parking (including valet parking) anytime when dining in a restaurant at that resort
    theme park parking after 5:00 pm when dining in a restaurant at that theme park
    invitations to special member-only events
    half-price admission to Pleasure Island (member and one guest, excludes special events)
    FREE admission to Atlantic Dance Hall on the Boardwalk (member and one guest)
    Effective January 1, 2008, 18% gratuity will be added to all transactions at table service restaurants and lounges, regardless of party size.

Cost for a Disney Dining Experience membership is $85 per year for Florida residents and $60 for Annual and Seasonal Passholders. You can add a second membership for your spouse or partner for $25 more, but if you plan to eat together, this is unnecessary. You must have a valid Florida Driver's License or Florida state-issued ID card with a Florida address, or an Annual or Seasonal Pass, to join this program.

As of 11/12/07, Annual Passholders and Florida residents can purchase the Disney Dining Experience card at Disney World Guest Services locations (previously the card had to be purchased by mail). Proof of eligibility is required.

Call (407) 566-5858 (Monday - Friday, 9 am - 6 pm EST) for more information

13. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Wow...thanks Johnie, that's great. Printing it out to put in my planning folder.:p015: