1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Apple TV 3

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Deafjeff, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Hi all,

I would like to buy Apple TV 3 but Stephen is not too keen.

He is concern about poor access provision (namely films) that I will not be able to access the full spectrum that it currently offering.

I quite like the idea of connecting my iPad to our television. For example if we need to make a decision on something can we 'view' the website or something like that on their television.

:sorry:

2. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Well I got one for christmas ( clearly now outdated lol) and have used it more than I thought I would

Truth be told I had never streamed or 'rented' a movie before but we have done that several times by getting them off itunes on th eipad an streaming them through to the screen.

It is fab for playing music through my surround system when Lisa isn't about :D

It is really really really good for sharing photos from flickr, iphone or ipad to anyone in the room so you aren't crowded around a devioc but its up there on your TV

I have my apple TV set to my flickr as a screen saver so it acts like a huge photo frame in the corner of the room

The videos from the iphone look absolutely great on it and I am very very impressed by the quality of them

It has dragged me into the modern age and my DVD filled living room will be aquiring many many less films as I rent from now on

3. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

oooohh would need to tempt Stephen (may just buy it anyway!)