1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Arabian nights

Discussion in 'Other Parks and Attractions News & Rumours' started by robertcraig, Dec 31, 2013.

1. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Arabian night show closes 31st december

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Very surprised really:-

The Arabian Nights Dinner attraction announced on Friday it is closing permanently on New Year's Day after a 25-year run.

The dinner show began on Feb. 29, 1988 and has presented more than 10,000 performances for more than 10 million guests since.

"It has been an honor sharing my passion for the beauty and magic of horses with people from all walks of life over the last 25 years," said owner Mark Miller in a release. "Unfortunately, we have reached a point where the marketplace demands a cheaper product than we can provide."

3. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

We saw it many years ago and I can't say we were too impressed.

4. keith

Apparently they have 224 staff which seems incredible to me!

It is expensive but I think I'd have to go one step further and say "it's too expensive for what it is".

I can imagine them having higher costs than the average Orlando "few actors and a buffet" show but yet the food is still naff, the servers still pressure for tips and the price is top end but apparently still not enough to support a whopping 224 staff + horses etc.

I think they really should have thought about what they wanted to be and gone all out for it. They COULD have upped their game and had really great food etc.

5. keith

Agreed same here.

when we first went to Orlando we couldn't move without someone telling us to try Arabian nights. The booking agent, the airline, everyone had a deal for it.

We paid quite a lot, got picked up in a rather dodgy white van, delivered there and given pretty poor food etc. Then when it came time to leave, before the lights came up, the servers all stood at the end of their rows blocking the way out until they got their tips.

It's sad to see something that survived so long run into problems but I think they've been a bit silly

6. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

We got it as a freebie and only had to pay for transport....we still felt ripped off :lol:

7. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

It worries me that so much is closing in the US 192 area, it's in dire need some investment to bring it back to life. Every time I go it's a little paler and more in need of a lick of paint.

This idiot thinks so too: