1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

are the cabins cramped?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by pigletpete, Sep 8, 2009.

1. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

On all the photos I see the cabins on the cruise line look very small. I know I know what do I expect on board a ship, but don't you feel really closed in?
  2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

PP,

We've never felt closed in. Granted we've always had an outside stateroom with a verandah. :eye:

It can be a little tight when everyone's trying to get dressed at the same time and you've got to plan your movements so that you don't try to get by the end of the bed at the same time but all in all, we've never actually felt cramped.

Keep in mind also that the staterooms on Disney are about 25% larger than on other cruise lines. :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... self appointed Assistant Cruise Director)
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I totally agree with Tom`s comments, however there`s only ever been the two of us on the cruises.
    I can imagine that if there were to be other grown ups sharing our stateroom though, then it could easily feel a bit cramped. [Then again I guess that applies to all cruise lines, and as Tom said the staterooms on the DCL ships are in fact quite a lot larger than on many of the other cruise lines.]
  4. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Says Slowhand who's as slim as a whippet.
  5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

hahahahahaha
  6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

well.. I havent been on board the disney cruise line, however I do agree that with a verandah you gain a LOT of space...

Staterooms ARE maybe 30% narrower than a regular hotel room, and the bathrooms are also smaller, however, unless its a very long cruise, you dont spend much time in your stateroom, and there are many places to relax at the ship...

for us, a verandah was a must, since it was a 12 night cruise, and we spent about 4 days at sea, and we just loved being able to sit in a "private" balcony and relax, eat, read, take pictures, etc....
    and it didnt feel cramped at all... but you DO have to keep things organized :)