1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Are the kennedy space centre tours worth it?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by AKLnut, Jul 30, 2011.

1. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

We've already booked the base tickets but I was wondering if any of the tours at the kennedy space centre are worth doing?
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I thought that the tours were included in the cost of admission? :unsure:

If not though, the bus tour of the complex is well worth doing. What I like is that you actually use 3 busses on the tour so that you are not rushed at each stop. You can get off the bus and spend as long as you like at each location before getting back on the bus and on to the next one.
    Not exactly a tour, but the films shown at the Imax theatre are also well worth seeing.

If I recall, the only "tour" that I have specifically paid for was the ATX [astronaut training experience], which I did a few years ago.
    This isn`t a tour per se, but it is a must if you like the whole space exploration thing and are prepared to spend an entire day on the course, including having lunch with one of the astronauts.
  3. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    The tour is well worth going on the only cost is if you want the photograph package
  4. chief

chief Earning my ears

yes the bus tour was really enjoyable. the kids [11&8] loved and so did dh and me. i dont recall paying any extra for that though:unsure: i think it was in with the ticket price
  5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

It looks like Kennedy have changed it from when we went a good few years back. The standard admission now only includes:

IMAX® space movies, all exhibits and shows, plus the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® and interactive space-flight simulators.

If you want to go on the coach tours, which are excellent you have to pay extra for these.

There are two to choose from:

Discover KSC: Today & Tomorrow – Guided Tour
    $21 adult/$15 child (ages 3-11) plus tax

Extra stops include the A/B Camera Stop – the closest viewing for the Space Shuttle Launch Pads, and the International Space Station Center where actual components are readied for launch into space.

Discover KSC: Today & Tomorrow Tour requires the purchase of Kennedy Space Center admission. Seating and departure times are limited. Number of daily departures varies based on operational requirements. First departure at 10 a.m. Last departure is at 2:50 p.m. daily. Runs approximately 2 hours.

Cape Canaveral: Then & Now – Guided Tour
    $21 adult/$15 child (ages 3-11) plus tax

Tour America's first launch sites from the 1960s, visit the Air Force Space and Missile Museum and see today's active unmanned rocket program.

Cape Canaveral tour requires the purchase of Kennedy Space Center Admission. Seating is limited. The tour is offered once daily and departs at 12:50 p.m. Runs approximately 2.5 hours.

If you can, I would pay the extra for the Discover KSC: Today & Tomorrow tour :yes: