1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Are there any restaurants in WDW where

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Mari, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

1. kids are not allowed (weird huh :unsure:)

or

2. where you WOULDNT take kids?

Thanks!

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

No very much not weird :lol: although perhaps you're asking for different reasons than I.

As much as I know Disney is a kid's paradise, we go as a couple and like some quiet evening meals.

The only restaurant I specifically know that disallows children under a certain age after a certain time is Victoria & Alberts which is in the Grand Floridian and the most superb dining experience you can have whilst at Disney.

Well I don't have kids but in my experience the answer to that question is, no matter how late, no matter how tired and screamy the kids are, some people will take them anywhere, any time. (of course, that's a horrible generalisation and not true for many parents but still it's true for enough such that you'll encounter crying kidlets all over)

PERSONALLY, I wouldn't be taking very young kids to the California grill in the mid-late evening, same would go for YSH, Narcoosees and so on. I'd imagine they'd be bored as much as anything else.

Of course, it's always going to be a judgement call as to how well behaved the individual kids are in potentially boring, for them, places.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I wouldn't take a child who could not sit quietly at the dinner table for approximately two hours to Jiko, California Grill, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Victoria and Albert's, Citrico's, Artist Point, or Bistro de Paris (upstairs in France).

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Victoria and Albert's does not allow children under 10 period.

I agree with Tink. I wouldn't take a child who couldn't sit through a meal quietly to any signature restaurant. But then I'm one of those who believes that Disney should set aside "Adults Only" areas at all of their siggies anyway. I HATE having my meal ruined by kids running around, screaming, crying or carrying on when I am paying those kind of prices.

5. keith

6. Tink

I honestly don't mind children in any setting. It's the parents that I mind. :wink: If the child becomes disruptive, then it is the parental responsibility to remove the child from the setting. It's not damaging to the wee bairn's psyche, rather an example of teaching the child consideration for those around one in a public setting. Behavior in a public place must differ from behavior in the private home, or you end up with... well, the nonsense that you so often see today in restaurants. (Mama would have "murdered" any one of us for behaving the way many children today are allowed to behave). It's also quite dangerous to allow a child to run unattended through a restaurant. Servers are working and not expecting a child to run smack into their knees when they are carrying a heavy tray laden with hot food. :nono:

Part of the responsibility of parenting is realizing that you may not be able to enjoy a leisurely dinner any time you please with the child along. You need to adjust your desires to the child's needs, eh?

Whooooeeee! That sounds pretty ominous and I don't mean it too. Suffice to say that the children of today behave in the manner that is allowed by the parent. :yes:

7. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We took ours to Citricos last time (they were 9 and 7) but we sat down at around 6pm and it was very quiet in there just a few other famillies all the children in there were very well behaved and no problems whatsoever, even though I know my children will be fine I still wouldn't take them in a restaurant like that later although I do think its important that they learn how to behave in a way that the setting they are in requires. Mine have eaten out from a very young age but I am shocked sometimes by other kids and the way they are *allowed* to behave in restaurants (and that goes from McDonalds to upscale).

We are hoping to go to California Grill this year and even though they are slightly older now we will still eat at around 6pm because I feel more comfortable with that :yes:

8. Tink

LisaW, you could make a fortune setting up a school for parenting lessons. :yes: :hug2:

9. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

No they are horrible the rest of the time they just know how to behave in restaurants :lol:

10. keith

11. Tink

That is EXACTLY what Mama used to say! :lol: "My kids are terrors, but they do know how to behave in public!" :lol:

Sign of an excellent Mom. :hug2:

12. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

That's pretty much what my mom used to say too :lol:

13. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Some parent have forgotten how to talk to their children. Engage them in conversation over the dinner table and they will have no time to misbehave. Steven has never misbehaved in any restaurant we've been in. I wouldn't take him anywhere later than his normal bedtime though. That's just asking for trouble. I've no qualms about taking him to a signature restaurant (it's Adrian that's the problem with his picky ways).

Case in point: on the little train at the zoo last week. Two mums so busy in conversation about their handbags (it's true :lol: ) that they had failed to notice their 4 children beating 7 bells out of each other and one was trying to tip another out of the carriage.

14. Tink

I've seen that too, Dawn. I'm astonished at how little attention some parents pay to their children (in public of course, as that is where I am seeing them). I've seen kids pulling hair, punching, pinching, biting one another, screeching to high heaven all in the immediate presence of their parents who seem oblivious. :unsure: Not sure what that says, but it sure is scary.

I once saw a woman pushing a stroller and carrying a beer in the same hand that was on the stroller handle. She was sloshing beer all down the toddler's face! The little guy was just blinking it away and trying to dodge it, and she had no clue. :sigh: I felt sorry for that poor little kid.

15. Mari

Ok! Off our list!!! Tatiana DOES behave... but she will only be 19 months, I dont want to push our luck....

We were considering Jiko, We really want to try it
    and we LOVED Bistro de Paris... the Dessert Sampler was EXQUISITE! ...ummm.. maybe we can drop her off at the fountain on our way in, and pick her up when we are done.... :nono:

Amen to that!!!

I was just talking to a friend the other day, we are simply APPALED by the % of kids with NO MANNERS......

hahahahahahaha Lisa... well... as long as you can show them off in public.. who cares! .... hahahahahaha

16. Tink

I've seen some beautifully behaved toddlers. :yes: They key would be not pushing her beyond her point of being tired, of course. Jiko would be fine for her. Bring along some toys, or things that she doesn't usually have, so there is the element of interest. :yes:

Snacks while waiting for the food are a good idea too, of course.

You've got all this down, I know... just sayin'. :D

17. M5ward

M5ward Earning my ears

I wouldn't make reservations any later than 6 or 6:30 anywhere with young kids. I probably wouldn't take kids younger than 12 to Bistro de Paris, Yachtsman Steakhouse, or Narcoosee's. Then again, there are kids who will sit quietly through a two hour meal. I just never had any of those kids.

18. keith

spot on advice :yes:

19. Mari

Although I would LOVE to say Tatiana is just that type of kid, I have to be honest... she ISNT!!!!!

So since this trip is for HER, I think we will skip any place where a temper tantrum would be embarassing... hahahahahaha :point:

20. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

I wouldn't hesitate to take my kids to Disney signature restaurants. We had a fab Christmas day dinner at Artist Point. The cast members commented on how well behaved they were.

On saying that parents had their kids with DVD players and game boys at the table across from us which I found bizare and sad for a Christmas meal as the children had earphones in the whole meal.:unsure:

If you look closely in the back ground of this photo you can see.:eek3:

[​IMG]