1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Are there pin trading things at the resorts?

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by Disfan, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

Im so interested in the pins and would love to try some trading.

Can you trade disney pins at the resorts somehow or is it in parks only? Sorry but I dont know how to start!
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

They have pin trading places at some resorts but not all. The WL is one that springs to mind where there is one. There is a huge one at DTD though.

However you can trade your pins with any cast member you see wearing a lanyard wherever you are in WDW.
  3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I didn't have a clue either but needed to find out so that my grandsons (they're going in a couple of weeks) would be setup to trade some pins. Found this Disney web page that helped a lot! :yes:

Tom :)macwave:... pin neophyte first class!)
  4. chitowngirl

chitowngirl Earning my ears

At every resort I was in last week, all of the cast members had pins for trading...

I don't know if we traded correctly, but each time we saw a cast member, we looked over their pins, found one we liked, took it and gave them one of our pins... My husband also did a "Pin Fishing" game in the gift shop at the Beach Club :)
  5. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

yeap.. i would go directly to cast members wearing lanyards
  6. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* Imagineer

There is a pin trading cart in the WL just before you head round to Artist Point in the far left corner. The cast member who worked there was just so lovely and sweet. On Christmas Day she gave my youngest two free pins for singing Little Donkey to her lol.
  7. Vixynne

Vixynne Earning my ears

Does anyone know the price (generally speaking) for one of the pin lanyards? My DD has taken good care of hers for 5 years, but of course my less-organized DS can't seem to locate his, and isn't sure he wants to spend out of his Disney Dollar budget to replace it if it's pricey. I've wracked my brain but I can't recall how much they usually cost--for some reason $13 or $14 USD seems to stick in my head; am I in the ballpark?
  8. Sharni Tinkerbell

Sharni Tinkerbell Earning my ears

My little lad and I started about 2 years ago and its great as we have something we do together. On his 9th birthday they started trading in the UK and we made it a day out going to the Disney Stores. He is braver than I am even at 8 he traded whilst queing for rides lol. It is a real ice breaker and you end up making new friends.

Sharni Tinkerbell xxxxx
  9. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

I was the Pin Star at SSR . I was so embarassed !!! :lol: Most resort gift shops have pin boards now, just ask . WOD has special pin trading at 2 & 6 PM everyday . MouseGears has a surprise pin trading board at 5 PM everyday . And now guest services at every theme park has a pin book you can view & trade .
    Also, pin traders are now at the tables outside the pin station in Epcot . Each trader I came across there was easy to trade with .
    There are also pin trading nights at usually The Contemporary held once a month .
    I am never lucky enough to time my trip right .
    Remember , if CM's are wearing green lanyards . They will only trade with children 12 years & younger .