1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

BA miles or whatever?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by loadsapixiedust, Jan 22, 2009.

1. loadsapixiedust

loadsapixiedust Earning my ears

We are flying to Orlando with BA for the first time this year, we've only used them for short haul before. Is it worth joining any sort of frequent flyer or reward scheme? :unsure:
  2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

It sure doesn`t hurt to join a frequent flyer club BUT remember that if you only do a couple of flights a year then unless you could add miles to your account by other means [eg cc purchases], then it will take ages for you to amass sufficient miles to be of any useful benefit.
    I have been in the Virgin Flying Club for several years and apart from my flights [many of which were business trips over the years], I also use my Amex card quite often which adds to my points total.
    So long as you take a flight before your points expire, then they "roll over" and don`t expire.
    Being a member of VA`s club is handy for upgrades and certain other cost savings however it is getting more and more difficult to secure these benefits. :disgust: