1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

BA Virgin or another airline?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by disneymom, Oct 30, 2010.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Which is the best of the airlines to get to orlando? They all seem to have sales on at the moment

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Can't really help you with this one! All I can say is we've used VA every time and they have been fine every time. I've nothing to compare them with.

3. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I've mentioned this before, I think, so please forgive the repetition if you've already read it, but BA 'officially' allow you to bring one piece of hand luggage, plus a personal item such as a makeup case or laptop or camera bag.

Last time I checked, they didn't weigh your main piece of hand baggage too, which is great considering how heavy an empty travel case is - even the light ones.

4. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

have flown VA 3 times and brittania once no contest VA every time.

a friend missed his VA flight last year so had fly BA back, wasnt impressed at all

5. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    The last few years i have used thomson because itwas a direct flight from glasgow.now virgin are flying in the summer months

6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

I never use BA because they always go on strike just as the holiday seasons start. I won't be held to ransom. So stuff them.

7. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I've never flown to Orlando always gone to other airports and BA win every time. Safety is my number one concern and it's BAs too. I have had several bad experiences with VA and to be honest I wouldn't fly with them again unless it was a lot cheaper. American airlines would be my second choice followed by Delta

8. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

In my opinion Virgin is much better than BA

9. ukwdwnut

are you saying VA dont take safety seriously?

also where do you book you VA flights from, direct or a third party?

10. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

As a customer I don't think the cabin crew take it as seriously as BA :yes:
    The VA flights I have taken have been booked both 3rd party and direct, why? They have been new York, Washington dc and Miami.

11. ukwdwnut

ok. just wondered. as ive nothing to compare VA to, ive always thought they did a good job, they couldnt do enough for me last trip, they knew i was disabled so had been briefed before hand, that make a big difference to me...so much better than the only time i flew chartered with brittania,direct to sanford, the plane was soooooo small, seat even smaller for me to sit in and im only a little un lol

12. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

That's good, you get good and bad with both. My worst trip was moving over to the US, (Jon was already there) I was my own with my 2 then aged 7 and 2 1/2, they have a contrac t with Jons 'company' to transport both employees and their families, they were supposed to help us on arrival in Washington to get off plane, get bags etc and onto next plane. They made me wait till the end even though I was in PE, then no one turned up and then just shrugged their shoulders, I think it was the attitude more than anything. All my stuff had been either shipped over or in storage and I had stuff to last 2 months in my suitcases. Picture if you will the kids and me after a long flight trying to get through the airport, Daniel was pushing a cart as well as me as we had a car seat and buggy also, happy days. I missed my flight the thunderstorms came in and I nearly didn't get on a flight. When my Dad complained, (he had rung to confirm the arrangements were in place) they sent just a standard letter, I would have normally followed it up but 9/11 happened and we were thrown into chaos. Oh and there were no kids meals and we only had one working ife between us!