1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Babies

Discussion in 'General' started by Suebeattie, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Hi all, I've probably asked this already but with the weather being quite hot today in the uk and just getting back from a stressful walk with Zac in the pram I was wondering if anyone had tips on keeping babies cool in Florida.
    Zac will be 8 months when we go in October so hoping the heat isn't going to be too bad but will welcome any tips anyone has :yes:
    Thanks
    :wiggle:

2. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

October shouldn't be too hot , when we took Matthew as a babe we ducked in and out of the AC a lot

3. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

it shouldn't be too hot but if he does get hot then take a flannel with you or maybe one of those fans that sprays water? you could make it a game. natural fibre clothing will help, put a towel on the pram seat and watch the buckles if you've left the pram out in the sun! they get really hot

4. Suebeattie

Thanks guys, he's such a hot baby at the moment. Today walking home from the high street he was screaming and crying because he was so hot - ended up stripping him off half way home and that only helped for a bit. :( he takes after me, I hate being too hot.
    Trying to find a stroller that is light in colour so it doesn't absorb too much heat.

5. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

can you buy pram fans in the US :unsure: i seem to think i've seen them

6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

If you can't you could probably use a battery fan and attach it to the stroller - good thinking Julie :)

7. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I have my uses... :tongue:

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

A light color fabric for the stroller is a must. If you can't find one like that, bring a cotton sheet to cover the seat, and any hood it may have. The dark hoods absorb the heat and with the little one nestled deep inside it gets stifling.

Washcloth with ice tied into it will help, but won't last long.

October is nice though, usually. However, you may still find it too warm.

9. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

A couple of years ago when we were there in October they had record breaking heat. We couldn't even enjoy the food and wine festival. Normally October is a very good month to be there however.

10. Suebeattie

I've found a stroller with a light top/sun shade thing but good thinking with the light coloured sheet. Will look into getting a fan. The fans for the buggies here don't let off much breeze so will probably look for one when we get out to the states :)
    Thanks guys

11. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

For a while (and perhaps still) even Disney sold a little battery operated Mickey fan that clipped on to the stroller and put off a decent breeze. Baleigh was 8 months her first trip and also very susceptible to the heat. We learned to utilize the infant care stations - a lot - even if just for a moment to cool down. I would lay a blanket down on the floor of one of the rooms and just let her wriggle around a bit free of the heat from the stroller, or my own body if I'd been carrying her in the sling. The misters worked nicely, too. We also planned our table service meal (usually a character meal) during the hottest part of the day, so we'd be in the a/c - worked wonders. Don't forget extra bottles for water - those little bitties can dehydrate quickly! Like others have said, October is usually a lovely time to visit!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2on244