Back in the Magic...Best Day Ever!!!!

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Trip Reports and Itineraries' started by Disneydad, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Disneydad

Disneydad Active Member

Bus Driver
    Home Page:
    So its Sat. and we are up and on the bus to DHS at 8:00. Stephen and I plan on hitting a few things in DHS and then heading to EPCOT to finish up the day. While we are on the bus I find out that there is a special Photo Pass Event day in all parks...and in DHS the Villains would be the characters. I am already dressed in my t-shirt with Maleficent, Ursula, Cruella and the Queen of Hearts....I have my lanyard with all of my Maleficent pins on it...I ask who the villains would be and they tell me The Evil Queen, Cruella DeVille and Maleficent !!!!!! 13 trips to Disney and finally a chance to get a picture with Maleficent. We get to DHS at 8:30 and wait for the gates to open at 9...head down to Sunset Showcase (alcove by Rockn Rollercoaster) and wait some more....gate opens at 9:30 and we head inside. There are three lanes-one for each Villain. We wait some more and at 9:45 the start to let us into the building....the line for Maleficent is the longest. 10:00 and we are inside waiting and then the lines begin to move...slowly but move. We can't see outside anymore but I overhear CM's talking that the lines go back past R&R and an expected 4 hr wait is not a surprise. I am inside with Stephen and it is not until 12:15 that we make it to see Maleficent. Stephen has been so good as we waited that I know I will not make him go through the other 2 lines...I'm happy getting to finally see Maleficent. When we do leave we head to Toy Story get a return time....use the bathroom and then go back to Toy Story. From there we go to the Frozen sing along and then meet with Jake and do the Disney Jr. show. After that we take a friendship boat to EPCOT and ride the Grand Fiesta Tour (again) and go see Donald for pictures....it's 3:30 now so we head back to the resort and I get pizza for dinner and plan top call it a night. MK tomorrow for our last day in WDW....been a good trip but it seems to have gone by quickly too.

Clarkkent and keith like this.
  2. uscwest

uscwest Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Wow George that was a long wait for Maleficent but glad you succeeded in getting your picture.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3. Isafari

Isafari Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I read about the photopass event and was bummed that we were leaving that day. Pleased you got your photo
    It is hard going to MK on last day....heartbreaking!

4. Disneydad

Disneydad Active Member

Bus Driver
    Home Page:
    Yeah I know but we start at MK so it's only fitting we end there too...harder this time as it will be the "last" family trip. Next time I bring Stephen to the MK I will be moved and working for the Mouse and taking him to see his friends but it won't be the way its been...but it will be good too.

5. Disneydad

Disneydad Active Member

Bus Driver
    Home Page:
    That was how long it was for me....and I was there when the gates opened. I was told that the line reached all the way back past Rockin Rollercoaster and was over 5 hrs by the midday mark. I left the park by boat and never looked down the street but it was the talk of the boat...people who didn't know what the line was for had vivid imaginations from a special tour to try-outs for American Idol (which was apparently done at another location on property)....I just smiled and stayed quiet...figured that if they didn't know what they missed they couldn't get too disappointed.

6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Dazzling everyone with my sheer awesomeness :D
    I'm going to scratch that biatches eyes out......

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

7. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Well-Known Member

Teacher/planetarium director
    It is great George when you get to meet your favorite characters eh. Stephen was a real trooper.