Bad news for our December trip

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by DisneyFreak, Oct 17, 2014.

1. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak New Member

Accounting Manager
    My BIL just lost his job this morning putting a major wrinkle into our December trip to WDW. He just bought his airline tickets and Park passes earlier this week about 2 days ago. My question is is there a policy where he could possibly get a refund for his passes (4 adults) since they were only bought a mere 48 hours ago?

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Oh no, I'm really sorry DF what a horrible thing to happen :(

I would contact Disney Customer Services and explain the situation to them, I have known them in the past to refund ticket prices. I don't think there is a policy per se but I really do think if you talk to someone they will help you.

3. sarah

sarah New Member

I don't know could you resell them? Maybe your travel insurance would cover the cost?
    I'm really not sure just throwing some ideas at you
    Sorry to hear such bad news xx

4. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Oh geez. That's really, really bad news. :( You can only try. He may end up having to sell them though.

5. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou Makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Any more news DF :unsure:

6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Dazzling everyone with my sheer awesomness :D
    If the passes are the ones I want and I can use them next year I will buy them. I need 4 adult passes so hopefully I can take the sting out for them.

7. Beccaberry

Beccaberry Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Website Manager/IT
    Esme, I love your new avatar :wink:

DF, I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL's job :sorry: what an awful thing to have happen at all much less while planning a holiday :(

Sending a bit of pixie dust your way...

8. Tony G

Tony G Active Member

Villa Owner
    Home Page:
    Sad news, I'm really sorry to hear it. :(

As others have said, speak to Disney, they're usually really helpful. If one person doesn't give you the answer you want, hang up and try someone else.

Did you buy the tickets direct from Disney?

9. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak New Member

Accounting Manager
    Thanks for the responses!

As of right now it seems as if they are still going to do the trip. They haven't officially told us anything yet about the job. We heard the news through my Mom who has said they haven't told anyone but her and that he is extremely down since he loved this job. I spoke to my sister on Sunday before we booked our annual passes and FP+ and she didn't say anything and I didn't bring it up.

Esmeralda, thank you for your offer and I will keep this in mind for them if they decide not to go through with the trip.

10. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I'll share this with you DF.

Five years ago as of this past August, we had a huge family cruise booked for Herself's Mother's 75th birthday. She'd always wanted to do DCL, so that's what we did.
    Much, much organization and coordination went into it making sure that everyone was invited and those who could come, were able to. Herself's Sister, and Herself and I bought plane tickets for some of the grandchildren who otherwise couldn't have come. I used DVC to book a Grand Villa and extra (one bedroom) villa to accommodate all who were coming. Herself and I booked transport to and from WDW.

All that to let you know just how much effort went into this. (Not to mention getting all the documents each person needed for the cruise, etc. all complicated by working with the WORST TA ever! :( ).

Herself's Brother in Law lost his job that June. To say we were all shocked is to put it mildly. Now we know why, of course, but then we were just stunned.

They went anyway, (Herself's Sister, Brother in Law, Daughter and Granddaughter) and it ended up being their very best holiday together. Sister is gone now, and BiL is lost to early onset AD. This was essentially their last holiday together where they had a lovely time, and enjoyed themselves.

So, we do not know what the future holds. They planned this holiday, they paid for it, and they should do it! That's my perspective anyway. We never, ever know what tomorrow brings.

I'm really sorry for him that he lost his job. :(

11. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Dazzling everyone with my sheer awesomness :D
    It sucks doesn't it especially when he loved that job too :( My offer still stands as you know. X There is no rush for me to buy passes as we don't go until Sept/October next year so I can hold off for ages to see what they do ok.