1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Baggage Airline Guest Services

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by Johnie, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Sorry, I've been meaning to post this since last March.

I know this is for domestic flights wanting to check baggage at the Disney resorts. If your air carrier charges for a checked bag, then you MUST pay for the fee before you can drop it off with the baggage people at Disney.

The number is 407.284.1231 You will then be directed to the your air carrier and you can pay the fee with a credit card. You must then give the confirmation number to Disney.

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I still think the baggage charge is insanely silly. Why don't they just charge you in the ticket price. When I flew last month, there were so many people with MASSIVE carry-on's they end up valet checking 90% of them.

3. Johnie

I know! We've actually left late the last couple of times I flew AirTran because so many people had such huge bags. They then get to gate check for FREE. So not fair.

4. Beccaberry

AGREED. But I think the blame lies totally with the airlines. Quit nickle and diming people to death and just charge a fair rate.

5. Johnie

Exactly!!

6. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

What I don't understand is these extra fees were supposed to help the airline with fuel costs when prices went through the roof 12-18 months ago. Funny but now with the fuel costs half of what they were then these fees keep going up or the airlines keep adding new fees. Ridiculous!! :nono: :thumbsdown:

I feel for those of you that have to fly. :hug2:

7. Beccaberry

Funny thing that, DF, right?

Same thing here at our gas stations as well (at least in CT). The state allowed the stations to charge an increased price on credit vs. cash in order to "help with rising fuel costs" and now that fuel costs have stabilized...guess what? Yep, they're still gouging for using your debit or credit card. As if I carry 60 dollars in cash around in my wallet for gas, or for that matter even *walk into* the gas station anymore. Since "pay at the pump" was invented, I don't think I've *seen* the inside of a gas station!