1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

baggage allowances and what can we take onboard?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by pigletpete, Oct 15, 2008.

1. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

Anyone know what virgin bag allowances are at the moment in economy ;(

Also what can we take now in the way of liquids and things? does makeup, not for me :lol:, have to go in the hold these days?
  2. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Can't help with the Virgin baggage allowances, but if you're traveling to/from or within the US, carry-on liquids and gels are limited to maximum 3 oz. (I think it's actually 3.3 oz., but usually stated as 3 oz.) containers and all must fit comfotably into a closed 1-quart clear plastic bag (approx. 7" x 8" or 17.7 cm x 20.3 cm) per person. That's the 3-1-1 rule.

If you use toothpaste, it's exempt. If you use a gel, it has to fit into the bag or be checked. At least, from the US viewpoint. :)

If in doubt, tuck it into the 3-1-1 bag. I always have a couple of items that I question, but they're usually very small so I just tuck them into the bag to be safe. At least they won't be confiscated and thrown out!
  3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

2 cases each weighing no more than 23 kgs a piece.

Each case when the dimensions are added together should be no bigger than 62"/158 cm.

Hand baggage is one piece per person no bigger than 23x36x56cm and weighing no more than 6kg.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

See here for all the info. you need to know.