1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

baggage allowances and what can we take onboard?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by pigletpete, Oct 15, 2008.

1. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

Anyone know what virgin bag allowances are at the moment in economy ;(

Also what can we take now in the way of liquids and things? does makeup, not for me :lol:, have to go in the hold these days?

2. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Can't help with the Virgin baggage allowances, but if you're traveling to/from or within the US, carry-on liquids and gels are limited to maximum 3 oz. (I think it's actually 3.3 oz., but usually stated as 3 oz.) containers and all must fit comfotably into a closed 1-quart clear plastic bag (approx. 7" x 8" or 17.7 cm x 20.3 cm) per person. That's the 3-1-1 rule.

If you use toothpaste, it's exempt. If you use a gel, it has to fit into the bag or be checked. At least, from the US viewpoint. :)

If in doubt, tuck it into the 3-1-1 bag. I always have a couple of items that I question, but they're usually very small so I just tuck them into the bag to be safe. At least they won't be confiscated and thrown out!

3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

2 cases each weighing no more than 23 kgs a piece.

Each case when the dimensions are added together should be no bigger than 62"/158 cm.

Hand baggage is one piece per person no bigger than 23x36x56cm and weighing no more than 6kg.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

See here for all the info. you need to know.