1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Barbados... mini trippie....now with photos

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by Ursula, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

More pics to come...

2. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

See see! I only need me disposables... none of yer gadgety thingy malarky needed....

3. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

It's great to read the report to go with your lovely shots, Glad you managed to get it sorted.

4. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

With thanks to you and Isafari for your help XXXXXXXXXXX I should really crack on with the rest.

5. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

Great trippie so far....need more!! Too many teasers thrown in there for you to leave us hanging!

We're going to the Maldives in October and apparently there are turtles on the house reef that often swim along with you. I can't wait!!!

6. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

Your very welcome, :hug2:

7. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

No problem...you are welcome :hug2:

8. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Aw Deb you will love St Lucia if it's anything like Barbados... and I think it is.

9. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Right on with the trippette...Pics to be inserted soon... DD has met a very nice young man called John, he is a security guard in the evenings at the Hotel we are at and he's studying for a degree in microbiology. He asked politely if he could take DD for a walk on his rounds and he has impeccable manners. He's smitten with her we think? He says so and says he loves her, he rang her each morning at the Hotel and came to see her on his days off and when we left for the airport, and since we've been back hes rung virtually every day and emailed and he's still ringing three weeks later. He seems very very nice.
    Anyways... Just some pics of the beach view we had from our chairs by the pool... enjoy... later on pics of our Mexican meal and Chinese meal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

awww John sounds like a sweet young man (and I sound like an old lady saying that lol). Does your DD feel the same way?

11. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

He seems a handsome one, he does. :yes:

Does he know where the green monkeys live? :cry2:

12. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Lol... I don't know... He's from Nigeria he's not Bajan and you should see him in his uniform.... lol. His course finishes in January and he said he wants to visit Natalie. I have spoken to him, well some would say grilled him lol... and told him if he thinks he's going to get an easy visa to the UK then he can keep on stepping... but he assures me his intentions are genuine and that he doesn't need a visa and he has family and friends in the UK. He told me a little bit about his background etc so I believe in giving people chances and he does seem like a real sweetie. Natalie does like him alot but she's aware that it may come to nothing and she's cool about it all, if he comes to UK to visit she'll be pleased but she's just getting on with her life still. He rings her all the time she never rings him because of cost and he's doing all the running. He said he fell in love with her sweet ways.
    The second pic from the bottom DD is learning to windsurf on the beach... that's also her at the top chillin' in the pool lol.

13. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

I'm glad you grilled him. Best to know his intentions. I would be horrible if he just had a visa in mind and not your beautiful DD. Now l still haven't seen those mexico t-shirts!!!

14. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Lol.. DH wore his but as with everything in Barbados they were so chilled I don't even think they noticed, they are so laid back there they're almost horizontal at times lol.

15. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Right... Today we are on our way to Harrisons Caves to see the stalagmites and stalactites on the way we pass the statue of *Bussa* he caused an uprising and was the only slave there who could read and write, unfortunately the uprising resulted in his death. Barbados is a very flat country and you can see for miles. We looked out for the green monkeys but as it was early they were not to be seen :( The caves were a sight to behold I've only ever seen the phenomenon in books so to actually see it in real life was awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That evening we went to a Mexican restaurant where the drinks were 2 for 1 so we had to partake and it was really a tough thing to do lol as you can see....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
  16. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The drinks look yummy!

Who had french fries? :tongue:

17. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

DD lol, mine is the yummy steak, last pic.

18. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Today is the last of the pics... Here is the sign for the gift shop... I don't know why either.... just using up film I guess lol.

[​IMG]

I think I just wanted something that said Barbados in it lol to prove, to whom I know not, that we've been there. The pic of the palm tree is one that was just outside our room, it was very pretty in real life, a gorgeous silvery green colour.

[​IMG]

DH and DD took pity on the hotel cats and kittens and bought them tins of sardines to feed them each day.

[​IMG]

Next is the steel band that used to play quite softly during the afternoons, it wasn't ear drum bangingly loud, just nice and chilled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another unusual tree in the hotel grounds,

[​IMG]

DH smiling,

[​IMG]

a view from the lobby as we get ready to come home :(

[​IMG]

The Chinese food we had one evening... ordered waaaaaaaaay too much and had to bring it back to the hotel, didn't know the portions were going to be so generous.

[​IMG]

Last but not least... DD in the first class cabin and the bar in the first class cabin in front of us. It was a truly brilliant way to end our brilliant holiday. Couldn't have wished for anything better. End.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2009
  19. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I would have been the same with the hotel cats :yes: then, once I was home I would worry that they would be starving without me!

Enjoyed the reports :thumbsup:

20. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Thank you so much for your help in putting the pictures in for me XXXXXXXX