1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Bay Lake Tower Scheduled to Open Aug. 4, Bringing Disney Vacation Club Conveniences to Disney’s Cont

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Jul 28, 2009.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Building on Tradition

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Nearly 38 years after Disney’s Contemporary Resort opened its doors, its modern Disney Vacation Club addition, Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, is scheduled to welcome guests on Aug. 4. This will be the seventh Disney Vacation Club (DVC) property at Walt Disney World Resort.

All 15 stories of the ultra-sleek design continue the original building’s iconic style, which opened with the Magic Kingdom theme park Oct. 1, 1971. Bay Lake Tower complements and pays homage to Disney’s Contemporary Resort while also offering a variety of new amenities and conveniences – kitchenettes or full kitchens complete with granite countertops and modern appliances, and other homelike amenities. In addition, most of the 295 two-bedroom equivalent villas in the crescent-shaped tower offer spectacular views of Bay Lake or Magic Kingdom.

Bay Lake Tower, like all DVC resorts, blends Disney magic with elegant design and premier accommodations. DVC members – and, based on availability, overnight Walt Disney World guests staying at Bay Lake Tower – can choose from a number of recreation activities and facilities, including a children’s interactive water play area, Bay Cove Pool, a barbeque pavilion, a Community Hall and two nearby tennis courts.

For easy access to Disney’s Contemporary Resort’s restaurants, merchandise shops and the monorail, the Sky Way Bridge takes members and guests from the fifth floor of Bay Lake Tower directly to the fourth floor Grand Canyon Concourse of Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

The opening of Bay Lake Tower is an exciting chapter in the history of Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

“Our resort motto is ‘Where Tradition Touches Today,’ and the marriage of our iconic resort with this elegant new Disney Vacation Club offering is a perfect example,” said Thea Sargent, general manager of Disney’s Contemporary Resort. “Plus, with all of the enhancements we have made to the resort over the last few years – from costumes and landscaping to restaurants and merchandise locations – we offer our overnight guests and DVC members an unparalleled ‘contemporary’ resort experience. I think this kind of evolution is exactly what Walt Disney envisioned for our resort.”

Bay Lake Tower is the third Disney Vacation Club offering to open at Walt Disney World Resort this year, following the first phase of Kidani Village at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.

“What excites me most about this tremendous growth is that we’re not only creating new accommodations but new experiences for our Disney Vacation Club members as well as our resort guests,” said DVC President Jim Lewis. “Each of the projects we’ve undertaken at Disney Vacation Club is unlike anything previously available in our resort portfolio, and Bay Lake Tower proudly builds on that tradition.”

Overnight accommodations at Walt Disney World Resort hotels – including Disney Deluxe Villas– can be arranged by calling 407/W-DISNEY, online at Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . ., or through a travel agent.
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

FYI, it is my understanding that the only people who will be allowed to use the Top of the World bar/lounge are DVC members who are staying on points. Anyone paying cash, and DVC members who are NOT staying there on points will not be allowed in the bar/lounge.

If someone intends to stay at BLT on cash, it may be important to know that.
  3. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

This was my understanding as well.
  4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep I confirmed this a couple of weeks ago. The plan is to be very strict on this and require card access to the lounge
  5. Jax1970

Jax1970 Imagineer

They'll have to keep the numbers down in that lounge somehow. Not sure how they are going to do that?
  6. DisneyFreak

Disney trivia? :yes:
  7. Jax1970

Jax1970 Imagineer

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

What if I get it wrong???????

I'll have to make sure I have a link to Disney Secrets - you guys would get all the answers right!
  8. DisneyFreak

Maybe they'll allow one lifeline. :happybounce: