1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

BBC iplayer help!

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Slowhand, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`ve downloaded a couple of programmes onto iplayer [specials about Jimi Hendrix] and apparently I can only view them on my pc for a limited time.
    Is there an easy was of burning these programmes onto a dvd so I can keep them for posterity?

I also tried downloading them onto Windows Media Player as well as into My Documents but it gave up on the downloads when it was part way through the process. :unsure:

2. MarkE

MarkE Imagineer

As far as I'm aware the iPlayer is just a streaming service, I dont think you can save them to your hard drive 'for keeps' - that being said if the documentary has a specific name try google and pirate bay, my general rule of thumb is that if you look hard enough, you'll find it. Alternatively keep an eye out for a repeat of it on BBC 3/4, sky plus it, and then look at how to tansfer stuff from the sky+ hard drive to your pc or dvd.

Edit: been looking aruond the web - you can buy it on amazon: look for Jimi Hendrix: The Guitar Hero. I think this is the one BBC have ben showing. Narrated by Slash? Its NTSC/Region 1, but your dvd player should be able to handle that to be honest.

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Thanks for that Mark. :thumbsup:
    You`ve really confirned what I thought and at least put my mind at rest that I wasn`t doing something wrong!

I`m a bit peeved really as I had recorded some of the Jimi Hendrix programmes onto the hard drive of my recorder when they did a special "Jimi Hendrix Night" last Friday.
    There were however parts missing as I realised that the programmes had already started before I started the recording.

Fingers crossed that they do a repeat some time in the future...thanks again.

4. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Terry,

I checked and it appears that the BBC iPlayer does provide streaming Flash based media.

There are programs available that will allow you to capture that to your PC. I haven't used them but here's one that came up in the search engines. Seems pretty simple and the reviews I've seen on it have been positive. There's also a 30 day free trial.

I like free trials.

Tom :)macwave:... if it's free, it's for me!)