1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

BBC iplayer help!

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Slowhand, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`ve downloaded a couple of programmes onto iplayer [specials about Jimi Hendrix] and apparently I can only view them on my pc for a limited time.
    Is there an easy was of burning these programmes onto a dvd so I can keep them for posterity?

I also tried downloading them onto Windows Media Player as well as into My Documents but it gave up on the downloads when it was part way through the process. :unsure:

2. MarkE

MarkE Imagineer

As far as I'm aware the iPlayer is just a streaming service, I dont think you can save them to your hard drive 'for keeps' - that being said if the documentary has a specific name try google and pirate bay, my general rule of thumb is that if you look hard enough, you'll find it. Alternatively keep an eye out for a repeat of it on BBC 3/4, sky plus it, and then look at how to tansfer stuff from the sky+ hard drive to your pc or dvd.

Edit: been looking aruond the web - you can buy it on amazon: look for Jimi Hendrix: The Guitar Hero. I think this is the one BBC have ben showing. Narrated by Slash? Its NTSC/Region 1, but your dvd player should be able to handle that to be honest.

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Thanks for that Mark. :thumbsup:
    You`ve really confirned what I thought and at least put my mind at rest that I wasn`t doing something wrong!

I`m a bit peeved really as I had recorded some of the Jimi Hendrix programmes onto the hard drive of my recorder when they did a special "Jimi Hendrix Night" last Friday.
    There were however parts missing as I realised that the programmes had already started before I started the recording.

Fingers crossed that they do a repeat some time in the future...thanks again.

4. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Terry,

I checked and it appears that the BBC iPlayer does provide streaming Flash based media.

There are programs available that will allow you to capture that to your PC. I haven't used them but here's one that came up in the search engines. Seems pretty simple and the reviews I've seen on it have been positive. There's also a 30 day free trial.

I like free trials.

Tom :)macwave:... if it's free, it's for me!)